Forum Index » GEAR » Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)

Display Avatars Sort By:
M J
(mj451at2) - M

Locale: Somewhere out hiking!!!
DB... on 05/30/2013 17:13:32 MDT Print View

So you are going to talk to Ron???

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - M

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: man to man. on 05/30/2013 17:16:27 MDT Print View

After the emails and the two posts here you think Ron is going to change his mind because someone calls? Really? I hope this is one of those times when you can't see someone's sarcasm over the internet.

Ryan

scree ride
(scree)
No sarcasm on 05/30/2013 17:29:03 MDT Print View

Can't afford the long distance? (That was sarcasm)
Seriously though, would it kill you to talk to the person that you have the complaint with? All they could do would be to ignore you, cuss at you, hang up the phone, or just maybe deal with you.
I for one would take the complaint much more seriously. In fact I would consider sending the twenty bucks myself, but I have a lawn mower to buy.

Yang Lu
(yanglu)
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD) on 05/30/2013 17:29:16 MDT Print View

Scree,

I am curious why don't you suggest Six Moon Design to initiate the call to me ? Instead, immediately come to the conclusion that I should call them?

You better spend some time to read the whole thread. A couple weeks ago I sent one last email to them. They chose to ignore me. The owner obviously explained why he did this in previous posts. If you were me, were you going to call them again? to get insulted?

Why not call? It's much more personal and you'd probably get the attention you're looking for. E-mails aren't human.Instead making a scene appeals to the primal senses.(shakes all over)

Josh Brock
(needsAbath)

Locale: Outside
Re: DB... on 05/30/2013 17:34:36 MDT Print View

I talked to him he is taking this all very personal and has stopped production of all Cuban tarps and fired Brandon.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: I'm not going to read all this. on 05/30/2013 17:38:21 MDT Print View

Exactly. You emailed. You never called.

Both parties made errors. BFD.

Fitz Travels
(fitztravels)
Man to man on 05/30/2013 17:38:58 MDT Print View

If anyone wishes to repond to anything i post in here, from here on out, be a man unless your a woman and call me on the phone and say IT TO MY FACE, fiber optically speaking.

Edit: for what its worth, an email agreement, contract, or promise is legally binding... Actually MORE so then verbal...becuase its proveable. If cottage manufacturers wish not to be contacted by email... Then dont display it as an option to be contacted by.

Edited by fitztravels on 05/30/2013 17:43:47 MDT.

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F
calling on 05/30/2013 17:42:21 MDT Print View

the OP stated that english is NOT HIS FIRST LANGUAGE ... perhaps he is more comfortable emailing where there is a record and where he can write out proper responses in a non-native language

now a good company will be able to respond courteously and fulfill their promises whether through email or the phone ...

gotta luuuuuv BPL ... now you have to call to get service ... even though the email form is prominently listed on this manufacturers website

;)

scree ride
(scree)
because on 05/30/2013 17:45:06 MDT Print View

They're not doing it and somebody has to in order to get it straightened out. Unfortunately, regardless of who's obligation it may be, that leaves you. They've perhaps categorized you as having buyers remorse and are sending back used merchandise. You really wanted cuben. You have to see their perspective a little bit, even if it's not fair, they may have been burned a few times already. If you call, you become a real person. Besides a ringing phone is harder to ignore. Now quit getting insulted over everything and stop getting your hair up. That defiantly won't work.
They have a good reputation. Good quality control. Even with that things may slip by. They are a growing company and that does not happen with out some confusion. They're putting out a decent product at a decent price. That's hard to find. I just can't condemn them. Not today anyway.

Lyan Jordan
(redmonk)

Locale: Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
Again on 05/30/2013 17:46:37 MDT Print View

What I'm reading, and many others will as well is, "I love My favorite company. I'm ignoring everything that threatens that love, and substituting it with a fictional story that I like better. Like one where the gear was delivered in flawless condition, used, damaged, and returned under false pretenses. "

--G.B.--

Yang Lu
(yanglu)
Re: Re: I'm not going to read all this. on 05/30/2013 17:48:45 MDT Print View

Snap,

Read my first post, item #1 to see if I have called them. And even if I did not call, why that caused me to make errors?

I just do not understand your point that a customer HAS to call the seller. Why not the other way?

"Exactly. You emailed. You never called.

Both parties made errors. BFD."

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Very unpleasant indeed... on 05/30/2013 17:52:28 MDT Print View

I seriously hope nobody's kids are waiting for them to cook dinner while the BPL Cyber Sleuth Unit gets to the bottom of this most egregious tragedy.

I hear top Sleuths get decoder rings if we can hit 15 pages before closing arguments are made.

eric chan
(bearbreeder) - F
Re: because on 05/30/2013 17:55:38 MDT Print View

from the OP btw ... fanbois blaming him BEFORE reading things

1. For 3 business days (April 29 to May 1) I had heard nothing from them. After sending another email and calling them once, I finally got a response on the forth business day (May 2).

Edited by bearbreeder on 05/30/2013 17:56:20 MDT.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
More evidence Watson! on 05/30/2013 17:56:50 MDT Print View

We must be thorough!

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: More evidence Watson! on 05/30/2013 18:04:05 MDT Print View

I have no time for this.

Craig, wanna borrow my lawn mower?

scree ride
(scree)
Honestly on 05/30/2013 18:08:12 MDT Print View

at this point, I'm gonna boycott SMD if they do refund the shipping. I could have begged 20 bucks in front of Ralph's by now. You returned a good item because you wanted something else. That is why prices go up for the rest of us.

scree ride
(scree)
Re: Re: More evidence Watson! on 05/30/2013 18:09:37 MDT Print View

Thanks a bunch. I was going to put oil in it this time.

Craig W.
(xnomanx) - F - M
Re: Re: More evidence Watson! on 05/30/2013 18:09:47 MDT Print View

Actually, I had my eye on your string trimmer.

Yang Lu
(yanglu)
Re: Honestly on 05/30/2013 18:13:10 MDT Print View

"good item"?

Karple T
(ctracyverizon)

Locale: Mid-Alantic
** on 05/30/2013 18:15:17 MDT Print View

Edited by ctracyverizon on 06/12/2013 07:59:21 MDT.