Forum Index » GEAR » Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)

Display Avatars Sort By:
Bob Bankhead
(wandering_bob) - MLife

Locale: Oregon, USA
Fan Boys on 05/31/2013 18:15:46 MDT Print View

We all are fan boys. Each of us has our personal favorite manufacturers and piece of gear. That said......

Just because I had a good experience with a given item or vendor does not mean that anyone else will.

Just because you had a bad experience with a given item or vendor does not mean that anyone else will.

Just something to remember.

mkl

Fitz Travels
(fitztravels) - F
Wisdom on 05/31/2013 18:28:02 MDT Print View

Your wisdom has made this whole forum completely useless.

Thanks a lot.

Edited by fitztravels on 05/31/2013 18:28:48 MDT.

Dave T
(DaveT) - F
zorg on 05/31/2013 19:02:35 MDT Print View

Yes, it does seem that Zorg has recently discovered his ability to comment on the internet. You'll note with a Google search or two his need to chime in about Obama's racism, Trayvon Martin, how the Gubment is coming for our every single one of our guns, and whatever else standard nutjobbery is out there. So his trolling here is not a surprise... guess we just happen to be the next internet forum he stumbled onto while looking for someone to hear his unique voice.

--B.R.--

Edited by DaveT on 05/31/2013 19:03:26 MDT.

Randy Nelson
(rlnunix) - F - M

Locale: Rockies
Re: Re: Re: Re: So, what have we learned? on 05/31/2013 19:16:47 MDT Print View

"Randy! Brilliant! I literally am drinking a Dales stovepipe!"

Well, it's not like I had to be psychic. Everybody knows you're an Oskar Blues fan boy.

I opened a 12 oz Dale's after coming in from mowing but before sitting down to look at this. So you're not drinking alone, we're drinking together. Just thousands of miles apart.

Edited by rlnunix on 05/31/2013 19:18:40 MDT.

Charles G.
(Rincon) - M

Locale: Desert Southwest
"Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)" on 05/31/2013 19:20:08 MDT Print View

Three hundred posts on a thread about one unhappy customer brings new meaning to the expression " tempest in a teapot". You all must not have much of a life if you can spend this much time on semi-informed blither.

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Re: "Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD)" on 05/31/2013 19:21:57 MDT Print View

What's your excuse? You are on here.

Randy Nelson
(rlnunix) - F - M

Re: Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD) on 05/31/2013 19:23:35 MDT Print View

"Three hundred posts on a thread about one unhappy customer brings new meaning to the expression " tempest in a teapot". You all must not have much of a life if you can spend this much time on semi-informed blither."

Guilty as charged. But at least I didn't count the posts! :)

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD) on 05/31/2013 19:38:50 MDT Print View

>Guilty as charged. But at least I didn't count the posts! :)

I stopped counting after 6....beers that is

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: A very flat place (Grrrrrrrr)
Re: Re: Re: Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD) on 05/31/2013 19:45:33 MDT Print View

Darn, I am only starting my fourth beer.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD) on 05/31/2013 19:51:01 MDT Print View

Hi Stephen!

Yang Lu
(yanglu) - M
Re: Re: Disagree on 05/31/2013 20:05:35 MDT Print View

John Abela, you probably can never understand what the core issue was, but you can certainly have your own viewpoint of the things.

"...I'm going to disagree with the general consensus. And will probably be accused of attacking Yang for doing so but that is not my intent. I've never done business with SMD or know anyone there so I'm not biased in favor of them..."

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Very unpleasant experience with Six Moon Design (SMD) on 05/31/2013 20:07:56 MDT Print View

Hey Travis,

I really miss Winter :-(

Randy Nelson
(rlnunix) - F - M

Re: Re: Disagree on 05/31/2013 20:20:56 MDT Print View

"John Abela, you probably can never understand what the core issue was, but you can certainly have your own viewpoint of the things.

"...I'm going to disagree with the general consensus. And will probably be accused of attacking Yang for doing so but that is not my intent. I've never done business with SMD or know anyone there so I'm not biased in favor of them..."

Yang, I said that and John quoted and agreed with it so don't blame John. I covered how I interpreted that email exchange and I also answered your question to me on what I think was promised you. I'm not sure why you don't think I can "never understand" the issue (and that seems a bit insulting) but you can try to explain it to me. It seems like it's been hashed out pretty well and I do disagree with your take on it but I did so respectfully.

Edited by rlnunix on 05/31/2013 20:22:26 MDT.

John Abela
(JohnAbela) - MLife

Locale: www.hikelighter.com
Re: Re: Re: Disagree on 05/31/2013 20:35:30 MDT Print View

rlnunix: "John Abela, you probably can never understand what the core issue was, but you can certainly have your own viewpoint of the things.

Yang, I said that and John quoted and agreed with it so don't blame John. I covered how I interpreted that email exchange and I also answered your question to me on what I think was promised you. I'm not sure why you don't think I can "never understand" the issue (and that seems a bit insulting) but you can try to explain it to me. It seems like it's been hashed out pretty well and I do disagree with your take on it but I did so respectfully.

+1

(giggle)

Edited by JohnAbela on 05/31/2013 20:36:32 MDT.

Yang Lu
(yanglu) - M
Re: Re: Re: Disagree on 05/31/2013 20:42:55 MDT Print View

John Abela, I misunderstood you were quoting the post. I am sorry about that.

Randy, I am sorry that I certainly do not want to make you feel I am insulting you or anyone.

The core issue was Six Moon Designs (SMD) sent a defective item. When the customer decided to cancel the order because of the defective item, it forced the customer to pay for the shipping.

In my original post (please do go through them), I listed several facts. Those were probably not the core issues, but they were enough to make the customer lose the faith in their product and service.

"Yang, I said that and John quoted and agreed with it so don't blame John. I covered how I interpreted that email exchange and I also answered your question to me on what I think was promised you. I'm not sure why you don't think I can "never understand" the issue (and that seems a bit insulting) but you can try to explain it to me. It seems like it's been hashed out pretty well and I do disagree with your take on it but I did so respectfully."

Daniel Fish
(daniel@fishfamilypdx.com)

Locale: PDX
... on 05/31/2013 20:58:17 MDT Print View

Edited by daniel@fishfamilypdx.com on 06/08/2013 18:55:18 MDT.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Quick someone pass trav anutha on 05/31/2013 21:07:51 MDT Print View

I've moved on to Mint Juleps. Despite the name, it's a pretty manly drink.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Re: Re: Quick someone pass trav anutha on 05/31/2013 21:10:13 MDT Print View

Travis,

Are they as good as the Whiskey Hot Chocolate on the Pictured Rocks trip?

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Quick someone pass trav anutha on 05/31/2013 22:00:40 MDT Print View

Close, Stephen, close. As the whiskey hot chocolate brought warmth between friends, the crisp, cool refreshing mint julep brings a blanket of easiness and coolness over this shithole of a thread.

Or maybe that's just me catching more of a buzz. Either way, it's a win-win situation for me.

Re: winter... Winter always seems to be a cold, wet, drudgery of an affair at the time. But something is always whispering in my ear, "you miss me, don't you. You know you miss me."

Loren B
(ljamesb)

Locale: London UK, Greenville USA
is this the last post? on 05/31/2013 22:07:40 MDT Print View

Looks like I'm a bit late to the party. Who would like a swig of stove fuel?

the ultimate in multi-use