Forum Index » On the Web » Plugging my new blog MuddledRemarks.com

Display Avatars Sort By:
J J
(jraiderguy) - M

Locale: Puget Sound
Plugging my new blog MuddledRemarks.com on 05/28/2013 16:43:52 MDT Print View

Shaw Island County Park, San Juan Islands, May 2013

My name is James. I'm an average 20-something married guy living in Seattle. I'm a relatively new user here, and I've learned lots already. I've never blogged before, but I'm giving it a shot. If you're so inclined, muddledremarks.com is the site.

The blog won't have a consistent ultralight backpacking focus, but it will chronicle my many interests/hobbies, backpacking and camping being two at the top of the list. I've put up a few initial articles, and welcome any comments you might have.

At this point, any readership other than my wife is a bonus. :)
Thanks!

James

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Plugging my new blog MuddledRemarks.com on 05/28/2013 17:22:20 MDT Print View

Looks nice a clean to me. I would insert breaks at the top of each post so the reader doesn't have to scroll through an entire post to get to the next one. Also the font is itty bitty on my screen.

J J
(jraiderguy) - M

great tips on 05/28/2013 17:24:10 MDT Print View

Thanks for the feedback!

J J
(jraiderguy) - M

I've made a few posts since last bumping this thread, but my latest is on the spin fishing kit I just finished putting together. Check it out and let me know what you think.

muddledremarks.com

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: New posts on 06/05/2013 12:54:39 MDT Print View

Hi Jim,

First... eff the Raiders :)

Second, looks like an interesting Blog but is there a way to subscribe with just an email account? I don't twit or the other options I saw there.

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: New posts on 06/05/2013 13:34:00 MDT Print View

"I don't twit or the other options I saw there."

Me either :)

Jim it is really looking good now.

J J
(jraiderguy) - M

Added email subscription on 06/05/2013 13:40:53 MDT Print View

Hi Ian. Thanks for the feedback. The email subscription was a great idea that I'd overlooked. I've added it as an option just below the other subscription options now.

Go Raiders!

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Just subscribed on 06/05/2013 15:13:48 MDT Print View

Ok I just subscribed. That loop hike in Oly NP looks interesting.

Happy trails.

J J
(jraiderguy) - M

Plastic food cups as UL cup/bowl on 06/17/2013 12:05:55 MDT Print View

So I got some feedback from you guys and reddit, and spent some time measuring plastic disposable/single-serve food cups for use as UL cups/bowls. I figured I might as well do another post on the results.

Full post link for those interested

In all, using the disposable cups is a potential savings of almost 8 oz in dishware compared to my GSI stuff when my wife and I take two cups and two bowls so we can still have coffee and granola at the same time. I think its about as minimal as my wife will enjoy on longer trips.