Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Cocoon UL 60 pants
Display Avatars Sort By:
Matthew Swierkowski
(Berserker) - F

Locale: Southeast
Cocoon UL 60 pants on 05/16/2007 11:17:04 MDT Print View

When it was possible to pre-order the subject pants I was about to get a pair, but I have no experience with the Cocoon line. Does anyone have any experience with the subject pants (I know they're being made as we speak so the answer is probably no), or an earlier version of them?

Edited by Berserker on 05/16/2007 11:18:08 MDT.

Doug Johnson
(djohnson) - MLife

Locale: Washington State
Re: Cocoon UL 60 pants on 05/16/2007 12:23:11 MDT Print View

I do. They're choice. Very warm and comfortable. I found the earlier generation to be sized large but I think this has now been addressed.

Douglas Frick
(Otter) - MLife

Locale: Wyoming
Re: Cocoon UL 60 pants on 05/16/2007 15:37:59 MDT Print View

>Does anyone have any experience with the subject pants

I have a pair (size XL: 8.2 oz) and they are very lofty and warm for the weight. I sized up to fit over my other layers. They aren't full zip, but that doesn't matter to me since I don't wear them on breaks. I put them on in the evening right after I take off my boots, and wear them to bed. I can dry out my base, insulation and shell layers through them.

Tim Cheek
(hikerfan4sure) - MLife
Cocoon UL 60 pants on 05/16/2007 21:43:06 MDT Print View

I'm happy with my pair. I sleep in them and wear them when I arrive at camp as the sun goes down, or while packing up in the morning.

I've not tried to hike in them, and I doubt that would work well. I didn't buy them to hike in though.