Forum Index » GEAR » Sit Pad options?

Display Avatars Sort By:
John Vance
(Servingko) - F

Locale: Intermountain West
CCF sit pad on 05/16/2013 14:58:42 MDT Print View

I cut my sit/kneel/stand pad from a larger pad and use it all the time. It is some 12"x18" or so and is the last thing placed in my pack on top of everything else. I too would avoid any inflatable type so you can just throw in down and rinse it off if need be.

Edited by Servingko on 05/16/2013 15:02:19 MDT.

Adam Rothermich
(aroth87) - F

Locale: Missouri Ozarks
Re: CCF sit pad on 05/16/2013 15:25:07 MDT Print View

I use a panel cut from a GG Nightlight. My wife uses the other two panels as her sit pad (she deserves more wiggle room, one panel requires pretty precise bum placement). They're great when we're doing trail work, its nice to have a little bit of comfort during breaks. I don't use it backpacking much, my breaks aren't very long and usually I watch for a decent log or some sort of natural seat when looking for a spot for lunch.

Adam

M B
(livingontheroad) - M
sitpad on 05/16/2013 16:52:28 MDT Print View

1. Use a CCF pad and keep it rolled up on top of your pack. It will also be your sit pad. Cheapest and lightest option.

2. Use a short inflateable, and use a GG nightlight for your lower legs. Keep it rolled up on top of your pack, It is your sitpad during the day

3. use a full length neoair xlite, and use a 1/8" thin foam pad under it to protect it. Keep the 1/8" pad rolled up on top of your pack during day to be your sit pad also.

4. Use a pack that incorporates a removeable pad on the outside (GG, Zpacks, etc) that serves as a sitpad.

5. Just take an extra small section of foam pad of some kind, and use it. But then its extra.