Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Looking to get some like minded folks...
Display Avatars Sort By:
Steve B
(geokite) - F

Locale: Southern California
Looking to get some like minded folks... on 05/13/2013 19:12:51 MDT Print View

...to shame an individual from using his new, cut down modified bearvault canister. It was posted in the MYOG forum here, but that might not get as much traffic as some of the other sub-forums.

See http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=77067

I can't be the only one appalled, right?

Steve

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Looking to get some like minded folks... on 05/13/2013 19:57:05 MDT Print View

I wonder how well that epoxy will hold up. We talked about this project at Point Reyes. I believe it is still too large for a bear to pick up in it's mouth.

Illegal? Oh yeah. But if it works and the bear gets no food...

Katharina ....
(Kat_P) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Coast
Re: Looking to get some like minded folks... on 05/14/2013 21:16:44 MDT Print View

Why do you need other folks to shame this guy?

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Re: Looking to get some like minded folks... on 05/15/2013 08:38:05 MDT Print View

I wouldn't want to make a snap judgment about his future behavior and the possible consequences.

You've already given him your 2 cents worth. I would let it be and assume he will do the right thing. Too much advice and pressure can backfire. Shaming is not something I would use to change another's behavior.