Forum Index » GEAR » Running into tough luck trying to purchase multi cam (camouflage) dyneema for making a backpack!

Display Avatars Sort By:
TJ Wharton
(Thadjw)
Running into tough luck trying to purchase multi cam (camouflage) dyneema for making a backpack! on 05/13/2013 17:30:37 MDT Print View

Please inform me of a way I might order stuff of the quality to make a light but sturdy pack?!? ULA has great stuff but they won't sell any to me!! I do happen to be a military member if that helps. --TJ

Dave U
(FamilyGuy) - F

Locale: Rockies
Re: Running into tough luck trying to purchase multi cam (camouflage) dyneema for making a backpack! on 05/13/2013 17:44:13 MDT Print View

The stuff ULA uses is Cordura, not dyneema x and definitely not dyneema.

Edited by FamilyGuy on 05/13/2013 17:44:45 MDT.

Michael Duke
(mpd1690) - F
Re: Re: Running into tough luck trying to purchase multi cam (camouflage) dyneema for making a backpack! on 05/13/2013 18:02:00 MDT Print View

The above is correct.

Here is 500d cordura in various camouflages: http://www.rockywoods.com/Fabrics-Kits/Camouflage-CORDURA-Nylon-Fabrics

Edited by mpd1690 on 05/13/2013 18:03:06 MDT.

Aubrey W. Bogard
(bogardaw) - M

Locale: TX
Re: Running into tough luck trying to purchase multi cam (camouflage) dyneema for making a backpack! on 05/13/2013 18:40:05 MDT Print View

I've never seen any Dyneema MultiCam. If Cordura or the like is not what you want, you might contact Crye Precision to find out if they know of anyone making any Dyneema MultiCam fabric.

Eric Blumensaadt
(Danepacker) - MLife

Locale: Mojave Desert
Eberlestock on 05/14/2013 00:01:37 MDT Print View

Eberlestock makes rifle packs of Multicam but in Cordura. However they may know of a source that uses Dyneema.

(And they may even want to use it themselves to lighten their packs, like the popular Dragonfly.)