Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Rail riders for the ladies??
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Rail riders for the ladies?? on 05/13/2013 08:00:51 MDT Print View

Have any women out there - or guys, the women who put up with you - tried the women's versions of the Eco mesh or the adventure shirt?? I'm intrigued about them but I can't really find any reviews out there.

Not that the fact that guys like the men's versions means the women's will be much different, but I was just wondering why no women seem to mention them at all.

Kate Magill
(lapedestrienne) - F
Re: Rail riders for the ladies?? on 05/13/2013 08:45:59 MDT Print View

It's been a few years since I tried on a pair of Rail Riders, but I've never been sold on them. The fit, for me, was very unflattering. The combination of elastic waist + pleated front + too baggy/too long made them a no-go. Basically, they weren't something I could happily wear around town or to work, and I am loathe to buy new clothes that are not multi-use.

Also, I found the elasticized panels on the waistband combined with the belt to be somewhat redundant--why would one need both? I know the belt is removable, but still... I never wear belts and I'm always annoyed when clothing manufacturers try to sell them to you with the pants :)

I'm sure they work for some people, but not for me.

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Rail riders for the ladies?? on 05/13/2013 09:28:19 MDT Print View

I've has a couple of the eco mesh shirts for a few years; they are ok but seem a bit stiff in texture. I am also not so fond of the elasticized wrists, and may eventually remove the elastic. I don't seem to choose to wear them all that often.

Edited by dkramalc on 05/13/2013 09:28:54 MDT.

Greg Hounsell
(mudman) - M

Locale: Western Canada
"Rail riders for the ladies??" on 05/13/2013 16:42:30 MDT Print View

My wife and I both have the RailRiders adventure tops and absolutely love them for desert hiking. Currently, she is wearing one on her PCT thru-hike and could not be happier with it...highly recommended!!!