November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Rail riders for the ladies??
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Rail riders for the ladies?? on 05/13/2013 08:00:51 MDT Print View

Have any women out there - or guys, the women who put up with you - tried the women's versions of the Eco mesh or the adventure shirt?? I'm intrigued about them but I can't really find any reviews out there.

Not that the fact that guys like the men's versions means the women's will be much different, but I was just wondering why no women seem to mention them at all.

K Magz
(lapedestrienne) - F

Locale: somewhere without screens
Re: Rail riders for the ladies?? on 05/13/2013 08:45:59 MDT Print View

It's been a few years since I tried on a pair of Rail Riders, but I've never been sold on them. The fit, for me, was very unflattering. The combination of elastic waist + pleated front + too baggy/too long made them a no-go. Basically, they weren't something I could happily wear around town or to work, and I am loathe to buy new clothes that are not multi-use.

Also, I found the elasticized panels on the waistband combined with the belt to be somewhat redundant--why would one need both? I know the belt is removable, but still... I never wear belts and I'm always annoyed when clothing manufacturers try to sell them to you with the pants :)

I'm sure they work for some people, but not for me.

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Rail riders for the ladies?? on 05/13/2013 09:28:19 MDT Print View

I've has a couple of the eco mesh shirts for a few years; they are ok but seem a bit stiff in texture. I am also not so fond of the elasticized wrists, and may eventually remove the elastic. I don't seem to choose to wear them all that often.

Edited by dkramalc on 05/13/2013 09:28:54 MDT.

Greg Hounsell
(mudman) - M

Locale: Western Canada
"Rail riders for the ladies??" on 05/13/2013 16:42:30 MDT Print View

My wife and I both have the RailRiders adventure tops and absolutely love them for desert hiking. Currently, she is wearing one on her PCT thru-hike and could not be happier with it...highly recommended!!!