Glowire: Now in 3 Colors and 2 Lengths
Display Avatars Sort By:
Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Locale: LawsonEquipment.com
Glowire: Now in 3 Colors and 2 Lengths on 05/11/2013 07:09:34 MDT Print View

Hey Everyone,

Due to popular demand, my super reflective glowire now comes in three colors (orange, green and black) and two different lengths (50' and 100').

Thanks,
Lawson

LawsonEquipment.com

cord colors

Edited by Mountainfitter on 05/11/2013 07:15:52 MDT.

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Re: Glowire: Now in 3 Colors and 2 Lengths on 05/11/2013 07:46:36 MDT Print View

Lawson I couldn't decide between the green and the orange! Sometimes choice is not a good thing!!!

And E
(LunchANDYnner)

Locale: Pacific Northwest
x all the y on 05/11/2013 12:21:17 MDT Print View

xy

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Colors on 05/16/2013 10:10:53 MDT Print View

Obviously I am a bit biased but all three colors are nice. You really can't go wrong as they all are super reflective.

Brian Land
(bland)

Locale: Missouri
line locs? on 05/16/2013 15:11:07 MDT Print View

Lawson, are there any lightweight guy line tensioners that you recommend to use with Glowire? Will this 3/32 cord fit in the Micro Line-Locs (little things shaped like Star Trek badges)?

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Clam Cleats on 05/16/2013 17:14:28 MDT Print View

Are you talking about the Mini Clam Cleats? If so, yeah my cord works great with those. It also works great with the LinLoc 3's. To make sure there is no slippage, I always throw in a slippery half hitch after getting set up.

Matt Allen
(zeroforhire) - MLife
nice site redesign on 05/18/2013 13:24:23 MDT Print View

Nice job on the site redesign. I may have to pick up some of this stuff... I am sure I can find some uses for it.

Are you going to get more of those mini biners back in stock? I love the last set I bought.

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

redesign on 05/24/2013 14:57:16 MDT Print View

Thanks. Its still a work in progress but I am getting close to finishing off the site.

Yeah the glowire works good for anything. People are really liking the new colors.

Now as far as the mini biners go. I am actually going to start making those inhouse. Only problem is I have to build tooling to do it. So its going to be a while since that will be an expensive proposition. Maybe a few months is my guess. But once I do. I will start making mini biners in the USA. I guess that would make me the only company to insource such a product.

Thanks,
Lawson

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Thanks on 05/31/2013 13:40:42 MDT Print View

Thanks for all the business everyone : )

Matt Allen
(zeroforhire) - MLife
biners on 06/01/2013 12:09:32 MDT Print View

Sign me up for a bucket full! :-)

That is great news.

Derek Weeks
(Lighting12) - MLife
Re: redesign on 06/03/2013 16:07:21 MDT Print View

Jusf order the glowire can't wait to try it out!

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Re: Re: redesign on 06/03/2013 17:53:37 MDT Print View

Which color glowire should I get for the JMT?

Reggie Garrett
(regarrett) - M

Locale: Lost in the mountains
Glowire on 06/03/2013 18:45:37 MDT Print View

I sewed up a tarp this weekend. It's coyote brown and I used the green Glowire. Very pretty combination.

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - F

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: Re: redesign on 06/03/2013 19:18:48 MDT Print View

Jennifer-

Get the green. Bears can't stand fluorescent green. It offends them.

Ryan

Brian Camprini
(bcamprini) - MLife

Locale: Southern Appalachians
Re: Re: Re: Re: redesign on 06/04/2013 19:06:16 MDT Print View

Any thoughts on reflective line and animals being able to see it at night? I like reflective line for bear bagging so I can find my bag in the dark for a midnight snack or for an early start, but I always wondered if critters can find it easier than non reflective line. Also, anyone's thoughts on daytime attraction (or lack of attraction) to a line and bag that's camouflaged vs something that screams "look at me" in the daylight? Possibly more of a worry about humans taking our fancy gear than a critter getting it.

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Reflective on 06/04/2013 21:18:31 MDT Print View

Hi Brian,

Good questions. Here are my thoughts. The reflective cord works just like a road sign. It will only reflect back when you hit it with a flashlight or a headlamp. It also only comes back to your eyes. So if someone was standing next to you they most likely wouldn't see it. I hope this makes sense. That said, during the day, it doesn't make it easier to see (the orange and green helps for this) and during night, there would be no difference for the critters. I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Lawson

Lawson Kline
(Mountainfitter) - M

Zpacks now selling Glowire on 08/06/2013 15:26:56 MDT Print View

For all of you who buy from Joe. Zpacks is now a wholesaler of the Glowire. Here is a link. Zpacks.com

That said, since I am no longer shipping internationally, I am now looking for interested international retailers that would like to sell my cord and stakes. I have alot of customers looking to buy in Canada, UK, Europe and Down Under. Just need to find some compaines. If anyone knows of any, please be sure to let them know.

Thanks,
Lawson

Edited by Mountainfitter on 08/06/2013 15:28:45 MDT.