Forum Index » Chaff » Backcountry.com Gift Cards

Display Avatars Sort By:
Fitz Travels
(fitztravels) - F
Backcountry.com Gift Cards on 05/08/2013 17:33:12 MDT Print View

I had a really bright idea.... And thats where the trouble started.

I thought, how about i buy Backcountry.com gift cards throughout the year and send them to myself. That way, by winter, I'll have a mini bank account of gift cards to buy new gear with ( and not be able to spend it on other things)

Well, i bought my first one from them last night, and after work today, i go to buy a train ticket to get back into town, and boom.... My card wont work. I had multiple horror stories in my mind explaining the situation involving someone using my card to the FEDS siezed mynaccount.

Come to find out, Backcountry.com found that to be suspicious and put a block on my card (throuh my bank)

Whats funny is that i took the train anyway and managed to somehow to dodge the Public Trans cops multiple times with luck.

In hindseight, i can see they probably have a point....

Lesson of the story: dont buy giftcards meant for others for yourself at Backcountry.com online.

Oh, and CARRY CASH.

Fitz Travels
(fitztravels) - F
Oops on 05/09/2013 18:05:51 MDT Print View

Found out today my phone numbers didnt match,mthats why they put a hold on my card. Wierd because its been like that a while i guess and nobody else has had a problem with it.