Forum Index » Post-Trip Reports » lost and found - Cook Camp - Ventana

Display Avatars Sort By:
Michael Driscoll
(Hillhikerz) - M

Locale: Monterey Bay
lost and found - Cook Camp - Ventana on 05/04/2013 16:42:57 MDT Print View

Hiked up from the Indians cool acorn grinding areas aboundto Carrizo Spring (good water flow) to Cook Spring Camp (very low flow 1lt. per 1 1/2 min... then off to Cone Peak loop clock wise via the road up to the Cone Peak lookout (unreal flower show best ever) down to Trail (very good flow)... it was like a walk in the park; I could not believe what I saw and just how much trail work had gone on; the shear size of the trees was staggering let alone the location and angles they were in, unreal... sunset heading back up from Trail easy hike up in the dark and back to Cook... I bow down to the crews; job very well done... next day down from Cook via NCRT and Arroyo Seco trail...Tony my compadre from the GGG-5 cool T-shirt salt sweat image... old pic but same placechecked out some swimming holes one of the great swimin holesit was so hot; home...

PS: While in Cook Camp I found a small bag if you can ID it I will send it back to you... pm me I guess, chances are good a BPL member lost it... not sure what forum to put this in?...

Edited by Hillhikerz on 05/09/2013 11:19:11 MDT.

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
Re: lost and found - Cook Camp - Ventana on 05/04/2013 20:38:39 MDT Print View

I was going to tell you to post this on Ventana Wild, but then I saw that you already have.

I'm glad to here that the trail is nice and clear. There has been some amazing volunteer work there.
There are so many trails out there that are in absolutely horrendous condition and turn into a huge bushwhack.