Forum Index » GEAR » Golite's ION is now Eureka's MOYO

Display Avatars Sort By:
Velimir Kemec
(velimirkemec) - F
Golite's ION is now Eureka's MOYO on 05/02/2013 10:36:25 MDT Print View

Hi,
did some browsing today and found this: http://www.eurekaeurope.com/p/moyo

Looks like guys at EUREKA "inveted" new age ION with some mods seen here.
Interesting?

Cheers

Luke Schmidt
(Cameron) - MLife

Locale: The WOODS
In US? on 05/02/2013 11:51:34 MDT Print View

It does not seem to be sold in the US at this time, bummer. The price is a bit high in US dollars it comes out to $91.42. One of the great things about the Ion was its price $50 or less.
But if you liked the Ion this might be a nice choice, looks like the side pockets would fix the major complaint against the Ion.

D S
(smoke) - F
Wow! on 05/02/2013 12:36:44 MDT Print View

There's some neat looking stuff on that EU site. Too bad Eureka-US hasn't caught up yet!

Michael Duke
(mpd1690) - F
Re: Wow! on 05/02/2013 12:58:25 MDT Print View

That entire line consists of knock-off golite products. I hope they have a hand in it. If not, that is a bit ridiculous to me. I understand borrowing ideas, but not entire packs.

Velimir Kemec
(velimirkemec) - F
EUREKA MOYO on 05/02/2013 13:26:30 MDT Print View

Hi,

I have to agree with Michael. Even the zip pulls are the same looking: http://www.trekking-lite-store.com/trekkingshop/Rucksaecke/Eureka-Moyo-Ultraleicht-Rucksack::640.html

On the other hand it's Golite's own fault they stopped the Ion and the like.
Yes the price tag is a bit high for the pack considering you can pick up as new Original at gearswap forums for like 60$. I think if you contact the guys at the link above they will be happy to help you out getting one(I am not affiliated with them in any way BTW, was just browsing the net).

But you guys in USA have much more to choose from than do we in EU:).

Cheers

Edited by velimirkemec on 05/02/2013 13:27:30 MDT.

Michael Duke
(mpd1690) - F
Re: EUREKA MOYO on 05/02/2013 13:29:28 MDT Print View

I agree thanking a product no longer in production is fine, but the other two packs are the exact same as a jam, just with the quest lid and suspension. They are under Nigor on the left of the screen.

Velimir Kemec
(velimirkemec) - F
Re: Re: EUREKA MOYO on 05/02/2013 13:47:09 MDT Print View

Hi,

yeah haven't seen it before but you are right they look much like Jam's.
Looking at their specs. they have internal wire frame so not exactly "frameless" as
Jam's and as noted with lid.

Maybe Golite sold off some of their design and now Eureka just adds few suggested mods
to their NIGOR line found here at BPL.

Cheers!

Dan Durston
(dandydan)

Locale: Cascadia
Ion et al on 05/02/2013 18:21:55 MDT Print View

Seems pretty likely to me Golite sold/licensed these designs.