Forum Index » GEAR » bearpaw Pentanet under a Trailsta r.

Display Avatars Sort By:
Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: A very flat place (Grrrrrrrr)
bearpaw Pentanet under a Trailsta r. on 04/28/2013 11:17:10 MDT Print View

Hi folks,

Anyone use a Bearpaw designs penta net under a trailstar and comment on how long it takes to pitch under the Trailstar.

Cheers,

Stephen

Kyle Meyer
(kylemeyer) - M

Locale: Portland, OR
Re: bearpaw Pentanet under a Trailsta r. on 04/28/2013 12:29:34 MDT Print View

Honestly, a little too long. I thread the trekking pole (set to 140cm) through both openings in the Pentanet, then pitch the Trailstar as normal. Then I walk around and stake out the Pentanet corners separately. It adds about 3 minutes, but it's an awkward 3 minutes : )

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Re: Re: bearpaw Pentanet under a Trailsta r. on 04/28/2013 13:40:20 MDT Print View

Thanks Kyle,

Is it possible to pitch together or pitch the Trailstar first?

Cheers,

Stephen

Kyle Meyer
(kylemeyer) - M

Locale: Portland, OR
Re: Re: Re: bearpaw Pentanet under a Trailsta r. on 04/28/2013 18:51:45 MDT Print View

I don't think it's possible to pitch them together, but it's pretty simple to pitch the trailstar first and then add the bug net as long as the linelocs aren't pitched taut yet.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: bearpaw Pentanet under a Trailsta r. on 04/28/2013 19:27:55 MDT Print View

Pitching it under the Trailstar would be great if its raining heavily.

Is it the Pentanet 2 you have?

Cheers,

Simon Harper
(sjharper) - MLife

Locale: UK
Re: on 04/29/2013 00:35:22 MDT Print View

I have the Pentanet 2 and agree with Kyle re: the fiddle of pitching. It does (sort of) work in the open side trailstar pitch as well as the more standard set up. If I was buying again, I'd get the Oookworks 2Oookstar. I have the solo Oookstar and not only do I find it to be of a higher quality the bungee attachments halfway up the netting make for a better pitch and much more room.

Edited by sjharper on 04/29/2013 00:36:15 MDT.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Re: Re: on 04/29/2013 08:21:06 MDT Print View

Thanks Simon, the oooks ki is nice but very expensive.