Forum Index » GEAR » CB3/Cloudburst 3 Initial impressions

Display Avatars Sort By:
diego dean
(cfionthefly) - M
CB3 on 08/04/2013 08:04:36 MDT Print View

Ive had the RS2 and now the CB3. Id definitely get the CB3, especially if you don't use trekking poles.

BER ---
(BER) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
TT CB3 on 09/16/2013 14:41:31 MDT Print View

Just another plug from a satisfied user.
5 day stay in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area with the CB3.
Hot August weather with lots of bugs--stayed reasonably cool with good ventilation with the vestibules rolled back all the way.
One night of heavy rain--stayed completely dry (did seam seal before trip)
One night of heavy wind (a couple large branches came down but luckily not on the tent)--held fast and strong. No issues. End into wind and optional third pole was used.

Thanks Henry for a great tent. Far lighter and smaller volume than the Hilleberg Kaitum! Quick stetup to boot.

J C
(Joomy) - M
Re: Re: follow up on 10/28/2013 21:02:19 MDT Print View

Just got my CB3 and it looks awesome although only set it up indoors so far. Had no problems with poles slipping out or whatever.

But I still can't figure out how to keep the walls slid up the poles. I can see the elastic loop in the 4 corners but the nearest clip is too far away to clip in to. Edit: OK figured it out after talking to Henry! You have to fully unthread the outer corner tensioning straps in order for the sides to be able to slide up far enough to attach the inner elastic loops to the interior clip that you can sort of see below:
cb3 interior corner clip

Edited by Joomy on 10/31/2013 00:03:35 MDT.