Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Sea to Summit eVAC dry sack
Display Avatars Sort By:
Jeff Jeff
(TwoFortyJeff) - F
Sea to Summit eVAC dry sack on 04/27/2013 11:10:01 MDT Print View

I've been using a the Sea to Summit Ultra Sil dry sack for a few years for my sleeping bag. It is sort of difficult to compress the sleeping bag and then get it sealed and rolled up before the sleeping bag expands and ends up filling up the entire sack.

I saw they have a version with an event bottom that claims to let the air out of the bottom as you roll it up. Does anyone have any experiences with stuffing a down bag in both sacks? Is the event version just as durable and waterproof?

Tim Lind
(Woody92177) - F
event on 04/27/2013 11:16:02 MDT Print View

They are fantastic!!

Joe Geib
(joegeib) - F

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys
Re: event on 04/30/2013 06:33:16 MDT Print View

+1

Stephen Komae
(skomae) - MLife

Locale: northeastern US
Re: Sea to Summit eVAC dry sack on 04/30/2013 11:53:57 MDT Print View

They work great. Very durable and quite waterproof. I've gone days without seeing clear skies and my sleeping bag has always stayed dry.

Max Dilthey
(mdilthey) - M

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com
Great Product on 04/30/2013 12:03:14 MDT Print View

I consider myself an expert on very few things, but this product is one of them.

Take a look at my profile picture. See the bundle on the back of the bike? I lived out of a large e-Vent sack for 30 days straight. it held a hammock tent, a sleeping bag, and all my clothing.

Nothing ever got wet. Not once. No moisture buildup. The e-Vent bottom even allowed some things to dry inside the bag, which means a slightly damp sleeping bag like a down bag won't sit there and stew all day if it's on the outside of your pack.

It's very durable- I still use it. It's probably seen 60+ nights of use.

george carr
(hammer-one) - F

Locale: Walking With The Son
Re: Sea to Summit eVAC dry sack on 05/01/2013 16:45:45 MDT Print View

This is my second year using one for my down bag/underquilt, and another for my camp clothes. Absolutely love them! I was skeptical in the beginning because I'm a show me kinda guy, but I'm sold.

Pete Staehling
(staehpj1) - F
Evac vs Ultrasil on 05/01/2013 17:05:07 MDT Print View

I have used both and the Sea to Summit Evac dry sack is much more durable than the Sea to Summit Ultra Sil dry sack. Both are plenty waterproof.

Edited by staehpj1 on 05/01/2013 17:06:06 MDT.

Michael K
(chinookhead) - F - M
pretty good with one issue on 05/01/2013 18:27:41 MDT Print View

I've found the e-vac dry-sack to be totally waterproof and durable so far, but I haven't abused them. The ultra-sil ones do "wet out" after prolonged exposure and pressure. The one thing I don't like is that they blow back-up after compression if your pack is not packed very tightly.

Randy Martin
(randalmartin) - F

Locale: Colorado
Re: Sea to Summit eVAC dry sack on 05/01/2013 19:54:35 MDT Print View

I have the version with the event bottom. It's awesome and works as advertised. Having said that, I have moved away from stuff sacks in general and prefer the concept of a pack liner and allowing my sleeping bag and clothing to fill in the gaps in my pack.