Forum Index » Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Grey Poupon Packets - HELP!

Display Avatars Sort By:
Marc Kokosky
(mak52580) - F

Locale: Washington, DC Area
Grey Poupon Packets - HELP! on 04/25/2013 14:45:35 MDT Print View

I am leaving tomorrow afternoon for a weekend trip and had planned to use Grey Poupon packets with some cheese and a nice salami for my lunches. I wasn't too worried because a restaurant next door to my office carried them. However I went to pick some up today and apparently they too have given in and switched to the crappy French's yellow mustard.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any chain restaurants that carried them where I could grab a few? Or local stores/chains in the DC/Northern VA area. Thanks!

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Grey Poupon Packets - HELP! on 04/25/2013 15:03:39 MDT Print View

Can't think of any place, but you could just repackage some from the glass jar into a smaller, lighter container to take with you.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Grey Poupon Packets - HELP! on 04/25/2013 16:07:40 MDT Print View

Often you can get stuff like that from minimus.biz , but you won't get it overnight.

--B.G.--

Bob Bankhead
(wandering_bob) - MLife

Locale: Oregon, USA
Grey Poupon Packets - HELP! on 04/25/2013 17:49:20 MDT Print View

Yes - at minimus.biz

http://www.minimus.biz/Grey-Poupon-Dijon-Mustard-packet-F01-0200605-1100.aspx

0.25 oz. for $0.17 @

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: Grey Poupon Packets - HELP! on 04/26/2013 09:12:19 MDT Print View

Ask nicely at your local grocery store deli if they have any...you'd be surprised :-)

Marc Kokosky
(mak52580) - F

Locale: Washington, DC Area
Re: Re: Grey Poupon Packets - HELP! on 04/26/2013 10:36:45 MDT Print View

I asked nicely at Safeway last night and came up empty.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Grey Poupon Packets - HELP! on 04/26/2013 10:56:21 MDT Print View

+1 on Mimimus.biz. The fun part is the free shipping if you buy $20, giving a great excuse for getting all kinds of good stuff. Definitely get the "hotel freebie" style sewing kits and check out single application insect repellent, sunscreen, medicaiond and all kinds of condiments.

To fix the problem at hand, I would go to the travel accessories in a big box store and get a small squeeze bottle. With the current airline restrictions on the quantities of liquids, stores are carrying more bottles. REI has GoToobs.

Edited by dwambaugh on 04/26/2013 11:01:08 MDT.

Sarah Kirkconnell
(sarbar) - F

Locale: In the shadow of Mt. Rainier
Re: Grey Poupon Packets - HELP! on 04/26/2013 16:13:46 MDT Print View

Safeway tends to be pretty bland in choices :-( I find if the place carries Boar's Head meats, they tend to have higher end squeeze packets ;-)

Having said that....a small jar will keep a veeerrryyyy long time. It is vinegar ;-)

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Grey Poupon Packets - HELP! on 04/27/2013 11:30:47 MDT Print View

"I was wondering if anyone knew of any chain restaurants that carried them where I could grab a few?"

A few near me used to carry them. But they quite carrying them because people kept coming in and grabbing a few.