Forum Index » Chaff » I just shipped my iPad

Display Avatars Sort By:
Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
I just shipped my iPad on 04/24/2013 05:01:37 MDT Print View

Seriously. What are we coming to?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/10008707/Toddlers-becoming-so-addicted-to-iPads-they-require-therapy.html

awet

Ian Destroyer of Forums
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: I just shipped my iPad on 04/24/2013 05:28:48 MDT Print View

Ouch! This is a sore subject in our house. I'm not going to lie and say that I don't enjoy my gadgets but my kids can't seem to drive across town without trying to smuggle an iPad or something into the car. I'm constantly reminding them that there's nothing wrong with just looking out the window and patiently waiting for the trip to be over. With the effortless access to entertainment and information, I can only wonder how having this ever-present immediate gratification will warp the psyche of future generations.

My kids very active in sports, art and the outdoors so I'm not worried about them playing video games in general but I have to constantly monitor technology usage to make sure it doesn't get out of hand. It's all about balance I suppose.

The upside is that my daughter is an avid reader and 99% of her iPad usage is as an e reader; we don't mind spoiling her with books. My son on the other hand seems to focus on killing zombies with his lol! With all the time he spends in hockey gear I cut him some slack.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: I just shipped my iPad on 04/24/2013 18:47:18 MDT Print View

"Seriously. What are we coming to?"

I know, right! How they could have left wheels off this thing is way beyond me too!

Kronos Master of Fate
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: I just shipped my iPad on 04/24/2013 18:54:28 MDT Print View

Is that a composting toilet? Could add a pedal generator.