Last night, I decide to get a second quilt from this company, a synthetic – the Prodigy. I have a 10-degree Revelation that I have mostly used as a luxurious blanket because it is so warm and wide, and its nice to be able to vent just by flipping over. I now wanted to get a light synth for summer use with a hammock that I just ordered. I emailed Tim at 10:44PM (last night was a Sunday), asking about current delivery times. I expected to hear back today. Tim answered 29 minutes later (after 11 PM on a Sunday) with all the info I needed. (FYI, its 2-3 weeks to ship EE quilts, currently closer 2 weeks, and they also have a rush option that is 1 week for an extra $40.)
Obviously, I was impressed. I hadn’t posted about how much I like my Revelation quilt from EE, but I decided last night to actively promote their company. Looking at this thread, it seems this is old news. Anyway, to reiterate the positives:
1. Quality design and execution. A sharp but simple product that works. No extras. For my quilt, the temp rating is indeed conservative, and the weight met spec. No wear or other issues after about 20 nights outside in a tent, and many more nights as a comforter on my bed.
2. Copious options for fill, length, width, fixed/opening foot-box, shell material, even lots of colors.
3. The pricing reflects the cost of these materials, and consistently beats comparably spec’d quilts.
4. Generous return policy (I have no practical experience with this, obviously, but have seen no complaints in forums such as this.)
5. The guy that will build my quilt answered my email late on a Sunday night.
(Please trust that I was just a customer with a question. In no way am I credentialed to get “special treatment”. Thus, I felt compelled to add this comment to the most-related post on BPL, and some other sites too.)