Before I was gifted my crappy electric dehydrator, I used my gas oven on the lowest temp setting (range 150F - 190F) and left the oven door slightly open.
I also experimented with the "food warmer" bottom drawer of my oven. that worked ok too.
1) gas energy cost is cheaper than electric energy
2) in the winter, the oven heat generated is nice that it also warms your home
3) if you like what you are dehydrating, then the entire home will smell like it.
1) a bit paranoid about leaving the house or sleeping with the gas oven running.
2) All the clothes, linen, couch pillows, everything in the closet will smell like your food. I don't mind my clothes smelling like peppered smoky beef Jerky, but she does.
3) its cruel to torment the dog with a delicious smell for so many hours.