Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Locus Gear CP2 Flip Lock
Display Avatars Sort By:
Pete Garcia
(pgjgarcia) - MLife

Locale: SE PA
Locus Gear CP2 Flip Lock on 04/23/2013 08:33:06 MDT Print View

Now that Locus Gear has the CP2 FL back in stock, I'm thinking about finally picking a pair up. However, I was wondering if I could replace the handles with the GG grips that are on the LT4s. The diameter on the grips is 13 mm and the upper section of the CP2 is 16 mm. Would I have to bore the hole slightly larger or could I squeeze it on as-is?

Any advice would be awesome!

Sean Passanisi
(passanis) - MLife
Re: Locus Gear CP2 Flip Lock on 04/23/2013 10:38:37 MDT Print View

I just bought these poles. Not sure about the answer to your question, but you may want to try contacting support. I have found them to be responsive:

info@locusgear.com

Colin Krusor
(ckrusor) - M

Locale: Northwest US
LT4 grips on 04/23/2013 11:39:34 MDT Print View

Does Gossamer Gear sell the LT4 grips separately? Were you thinking of removing the grips from an old pair of LT4s and moving them to the Locus Gear poles? That might be challenging. I removed the grips from a pair of LT4s because I just wanted to use them as tarp poles (I don't use hiking poles), and it wasn't easy. I had to destroy the grips to get them off. They are bonded to the poles. It might or might not help to use acetone or some other organic solvent first. I didn't try that.

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
Locus Gear CP2 on 04/23/2013 11:43:02 MDT Print View

Yeah they sell them separately. $22.50/set:
http://gossamergear.com/trekking/trekking-accessories/lightrek-replacement-grips.html

Pete Garcia
(pgjgarcia) - MLife

Locale: SE PA
Re: LT4 grips on 04/23/2013 12:12:53 MDT Print View

I had planned on picking them up separately from Gossamer Gear, but was just wondering if they would fit on

Dan Durston
(dandydan) - M

Locale: Cascadia
Grips on 05/04/2013 07:50:38 MDT Print View

My ruler says that the GG LT4 uppers are 14mm diameter, so they must be squeezing them in the 13mm hole a bit for a snug fit. There's some stretch in the grip, but 16mm might be pushing it.

The Locus Gear grips look quite nice also. I ordered a set of flick lock CP2s.

Ryan Smith
(ViolentGreen) - F

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: LT4 grips on 05/05/2013 10:31:52 MDT Print View

Pete,

With the help of a lubricant(the adhesive for your grips), they should go on fine. I was in a similar scenario with some MYOG poles & LT4 grips.

Ryan