Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
WTB: Family-sized tent (preferably with porch OR big vestibule)
Display Avatars Sort By:
G Sticks
(VoiceOfSticks) - F

Locale: Mid-Atlantic
WTB: Family-sized tent (preferably with porch OR big vestibule) on 04/23/2013 06:55:59 MDT Print View

My little family is expanding and I need to upgrade our car camping solution. I'm looking to see if anyone has a well cared for family tent that they don't need anymore.

I have my eye on something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Evanston-6-Screened-Tent/dp/B004E4AW1K/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3TF0NI6F8BXQP&coliid=I3QENX5B0LJ88U

Prefer it to sleep 4-6 and have a big overhang/vestibule/porch. 2nd room is interesting, but not necessary.

I'm looking to stay under $200 if possible. Thanks!

Ben Wortman
(bwortman) - M

Locale: Nebraska
Big Agnes King Creek Series on 04/23/2013 08:11:46 MDT Print View

I just picked up 2 Big Agnes king creek tents on clearence (4 and 6). They are on sale everywhere right now. They have a massive vestibule and a full coverage rainfly. They also have good ventilation and solid walls inside for when it is cold out. The doors have large screened window for when it warmes up. So far they look really good.

Might be worth checking out.

Ben

G Sticks
(VoiceOfSticks) - F

Locale: Mid-Atlantic
thanks on 04/23/2013 11:46:49 MDT Print View

Ben, thanks for the tip, I'll look around!

Jesse Austin
(jaustin) - F
king creek on 04/23/2013 11:48:30 MDT Print View

Just bought one from rei for a great deal with an extra 20% off.

Dustin Judd
(ddujnitsud) - F
Sierra Designs Moken 4 on 04/23/2013 11:52:42 MDT Print View

I've go a Moken 4 that we used twice that I would let go for $250 ish. the thing is bomber and way bigger than we will ever use.