jacksrbetter.com sale
Display Avatars Sort By:
Greyson Howard
(Greyhound)

Locale: Sierra Nevada
Well I ordered a no sniveller... on 05/18/2007 11:55:48 MDT Print View

So I placed my order Tuesday, and the guys at JRB sent it Wednesday and gave me the tracking number, but the tracking number doesn't turn anything up.

Add the fact that they are off at trail days, and I guess I just have to wait and wonder...

In any case, I hope to recieve it next week, and camp next friday with no sniveller, bivy, and tarp in the Tahoe Area, so I will let you know what I think.

Edited by Greyhound on 05/18/2007 11:56:20 MDT.

Eric Noble
(ericnoble) - MLife

Locale: Colorado Rockies
Re: Well I ordered a no sniveller... on 05/18/2007 13:02:48 MDT Print View

I'm heading out this weekend with mine. I'm very satisfied. I can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Greyson Howard
(Greyhound)

Locale: Sierra Nevada
Re: Re: Well I ordered a no sniveller... on 05/18/2007 20:31:53 MDT Print View

So I came home from work to a nice surprise... my no sniveller in the mail!
I layed it out, patiently waiting for it to loft up from its long trip in a small box, and that lasted... five minutes.
First, poncho mode.
The neck opening is very cool, the two closure strips are verticly oriented so as to not create a cold spot between baffles.
Yeah it looks goofy as a poncho, no doubting that.
Next, footbox mode, which leads to my first question:
Cinching up the bottom, I am left with a whole with the material bunched up as much a possible, so how do people close the hole in the footbox?

Thanks for any help.

James Pitts
(jjpitts) - F

Locale: Midwest US
jacksrbetter.com sale: no sniveller arrived on 05/19/2007 11:19:57 MDT Print View

My quilt arrived today. First impressions (generally worthless) is that it is very nice and quite well made. I'll post a review after a few trips with it. I am excited to have something new to try.

James Pitts
(jjpitts) - F

Locale: Midwest US
Re: jacksrbetter.com sale: no sniveller arrived on 05/19/2007 12:24:23 MDT Print View

I noticed something. The flyer that came with the quilt says my quilt is a No Sniveller with 2 inches of loft.

The Jacks 'R' Better web site I ordered from says:

"No Sniveller is a solid three season quilt, baffled to 1.9 inches and over stuffed to achieve 2.5 inches of loft."

BPL measured the loft at 2.25 - 2.5 in (Carol Crooker) but I think that was in 2005.

I'll have to measure it to see what the story is. It does look like it's closer to 2" than 2.5". That said, with a little shaking of the down I can see how the loft can be made to vary from under 2" to 2.5" (and perhaps more but not sure where the limit is given the way the quilt is sewn).