Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Gotta love those ZPacks guys
Display Avatars Sort By:
USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada
Gotta love those ZPacks guys on 04/22/2013 19:32:17 MDT Print View

Quick to answer questions etc. I just sent my recent purchase of a bare bones Hexamid Solo back to them early last week and got the shipping notification today that it had been reshipped back to me with the full netting added, turning my shaped, beakless tarp into a beakless tent, adding some weight back, but less than an ounce more than what the Borah Gear bivy I sold weighted in my effort to keep bugs at bay. Just gotta rig up my anorak in the opening now to see if that will keep rain out if needed. I got a couple patches to attach, so I can tie some line on the thumb loops on the anoraks sleeves and hang it.
Duane

Charles G.
(Rincon) - M

Locale: Desert Southwest
I'll second this. on 04/23/2013 06:03:30 MDT Print View

I am also impressed with ZPacks service . I recommend them to anyone looking for quality, ultra-lightweight backpacking gear.

bernie tillson
(bernie41) - M
Agreed! on 04/23/2013 06:50:06 MDT Print View

I've made some strange requests and they never turned me down. I hope that mindset never changes. Thanks Joe, et al.

Kevin Schneringer
(Slammer) - MLife

Locale: Oklahoma Flat Lands
Agree!!! on 04/23/2013 07:48:08 MDT Print View

Zpacks was my first UL "cottage" purchase and I was nervous because I was used to the REI/Backcountry style, not thats its bad just had big box love.

I was Pleasantly Surprised! Zpacks service,contact support and quality is all A+
when Joe was out Matt covered every question even some in the late evenings.

Great company!Use them you won't be disappointed.

Chad Poindexter
(Stick) - F

Locale: Wet & Humid Southeast....
Re: Agree!!! on 04/23/2013 07:52:55 MDT Print View

Same here. All of my experiences with ZPacks have been excellent. Not only is thier gear super awesome, but their customer service is the same. I am definitely a life long customer, and feel completely confident in recommending them to others. Definitely one of the best!

Edited by Stick on 04/23/2013 07:53:32 MDT.

USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Weekends on 04/23/2013 08:53:56 MDT Print View

I even got a reply on the weekend a few weeks back, I would have been happy with a reply on Monday.
Duane

Edward Jursek
(nedjursek@gmail.com) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Zpacks on 04/23/2013 09:40:42 MDT Print View

Zpacks has about the best customer service I have ever had. I have also sent them a Hexamid tarp and had them add the net. I sent it w/o a stuff sack and they returned it in a new stuff sack and Joe cut me a deal on the price of adding the netting. I am currently waiting on a delivery from Zpacks and again, Joe immediately answered all of questions and made some great suggestions, one of which saved me a bunch of money. I recently bought a used Hexamid Twin that needed a minor repair. i emailed Joe for repair advice and he responded and sent me some free repair tape and advice on the fix. It is great customer service that has kept me comming back and spending money at Zpacks and will keep me coming back for upgrades, replacements and to help outfit my 2 growing daughters.

siri khalsa
(Ouching)
A+++ on 04/24/2013 08:14:28 MDT Print View

Joe is great. Wish I could afford to buy everything on his site...:)

Dave Pritz
(dpritz) - F
Agreed on 04/24/2013 20:22:52 MDT Print View

Zpacks rocks! I have only had great experiences with them!

Marcus O.
(marcus10) - MLife
Ditto to all of the above on 04/25/2013 06:25:04 MDT Print View

Have to agree to all of the above comments. They do customer service the way it's meant to be done. The gear as others have said is leading edge stuff - great quality and workmanship and clever and intelligent designs.

USA Duane Hall
(hikerduane) - F

Ditto to all of the above on 04/25/2013 06:43:04 MDT Print View

I got pretty darn lucky with them getting the netting added to my tarp last week as I see on their website that they have left for Kalifornia for the PCT#$%@#XYZ kickoff thing and will be gone for a bit.
Duane

Steve B
(geokite) - F

Locale: Southern California
And another on 04/25/2013 15:22:41 MDT Print View

Kudos to Zpacks for the gear selection, material selection, prices, shipping price ($4 or free? Wow.), and service.

Love just wandering the site, getting ideas. Seems I'm buying stuff all the time, even though I've never gotten a shelter from them. So cool that he sells materials along side products made from those materials. Gives the impression that he is not afraid of innovation, the myog crowd.

Steve

Edited by geokite on 04/25/2013 15:24:36 MDT.