Forum Index » Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 25% off Mountain House #10 cans

Display Avatars Sort By:
Gary Dunckel
(Zia-Grill-Guy) - MLife

Locale: Boulder
25% off Mountain House #10 cans on 04/17/2013 12:44:15 MDT Print View

Since no one else has mentioned this, I thought I would. TheEpicenter.com is having their annual sale on Mountain House #10 cans--25% off through Sunday. Shipping is free if you order 6 of the same product (that would be a LOT of peas!). I just now ordered 6 cans, because that's how many fit into a box. Shipping on that was $9.32.

Anyway, if you like to package your own meals, this is a cheap way to buy bulk quantities. I like their meats and the 3 vegetables that don't have the rehydration issues that dehydrated ones do (peas, corn, and green beans). I make a killer chicken alfredo mix, using their chicken and peas (for the salt they offer), and then doing my own sauces and other dehydrated veggies. I vacuum seal individual portions and store them in the cool basement. They seem to have a shelf life of several years.

You can do a lot of good dishes with chicken, beef, burger, peas and beans, plus your own selection of spices and sauces, and various Harmony House veggies and beans. Add some coconut or yogurt powder or FD cheese from Packit Gourmet, and you be living large on the trail.