Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Bored at school
Display Avatars Sort By:
Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Re David on 04/19/2013 06:14:23 MDT Print View

Whoa there Elijah. Dave is just making an observation. Chaff has undergone major changes as of late. It is now a shadow of its former self.

Now I notice yellow dude has no pack or other equipment. Has he heard of Gearswap?

doug thomas
(sparky52804) - MLife

Locale: Eastern Iowa
Re: Re David on 04/19/2013 06:14:52 MDT Print View

being a bit snotty there elijah

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: Re David on 04/19/2013 06:35:12 MDT Print View

>Has he heard of Gearswap?

Yellow Dude was promised a bunch of gear from Big Sky International many years ago when he donated to BSI's Kickstarter campaign. He's still waiting.

Elijah Ziemann
(MrBlondyable) - F
Sorry on 04/19/2013 07:46:23 MDT Print View

I didn't mean to sound rude. I could have phrased that in a better way. I've just always thought of BPL as a judgement free forum, unless the criticism is constructive, of course. I didn't find Dave's reply to be constructive. I was just saying that some people were entertained by this thread (I know I was), whether it is educational or not, which, in my opinion, is completely acceptible on Chaff.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Sorry on 04/19/2013 09:22:24 MDT Print View

"I've just always thought of BPL as a judgement free forum, unless the criticism is constructive, of course."

You're kidding me, right? Elijah, BPL is anything but a judgement free forum, and the criticism can be downright nonconstructive. There are some pretty recent threads that show this!

"I was just saying that some people were entertained by this thread (I know I was), whether it is educational or not, which, in my opinion, is completely acceptible on Chaff."

Yup, your thread is completely acceptable on Chaff, and some of us were obviously entertained. I don't speak for Dave (nor did I sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night), but my guess is that his comment was tongue in cheek - not an indictment, more of an eye roll.

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Everything About This Is Funny...to me on 04/19/2013 10:40:06 MDT Print View

"I didn't find Dave's reply to be constructive."

When discussing a yellow paper backpacker who lives on a desk under a paper tarp with eraser feet and who may or may not crap in the paper pile and then somehow use his own self to clean himself, as he's watching a movie...... it seems hilarious (to me) to discuss the constructive nature of a specific comment.

Edited by lyrad1 on 04/19/2013 10:41:41 MDT.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Everything About This Is Funny...to me on 04/19/2013 10:51:34 MDT Print View

Daryl, you're not being constructive. All you did was summarize. Now Yellow Dude is going to feel bad and relocate his tarp on some lonely lunch tray. We all know how THAT goes. I for one want Yellow Dude to stay. In fact, I'm going to PIF him a new set of titanium paper clips.

Ian B.
(IDBLOOM) - MLife

Locale: PNW
Re: Re: Everything About This Is Funny...to me on 04/19/2013 11:14:14 MDT Print View

At least construction paper was used. I know that this is a controversial topic but I don't see the harm in him wiping himself with... himself as long as he is bio degradable.

Please don't start any rants about how that mouse will dig him up and scatter him... I'm fragile right now and don't think I can take it.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Everything About This Is Funny...to me on 04/19/2013 11:24:17 MDT Print View

I wonder if those binders.......are full of women.

Elijah Ziemann
(MrBlondyable) - F
Re Binders full of women on 04/19/2013 12:18:40 MDT Print View

Yep... paper women.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re Binders full of women on 04/19/2013 12:46:34 MDT Print View

Ooooooo, scandalous!

David Lutz
(davidlutz)

Locale: Bay Area
"Bored at school" on 04/19/2013 13:16:31 MDT Print View

Just reminiscing, really.........

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Jonathan Winters on 04/19/2013 13:48:34 MDT Print View

As I try to think of something clever or funny here I can't help but think what Jonathan Winters might do with a scene like this.......and what sound effects he might add and how his rubber face might contort.

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: Jonathan Winters on 04/19/2013 18:29:42 MDT Print View

R.I.P. Jonathan Winters

I'm judging every post.

Travis is in the lead.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Jonathan Winters on 04/19/2013 19:08:16 MDT Print View

Edited by T.L. on 04/22/2013 04:33:00 MDT.

Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Gear list on 04/21/2013 07:52:43 MDT Print View

I, for one, would like to see yellow dude's gear list. As I've said repeatedly, in every thread possible, I am hiking the JMT this August and am wholly incapable of making any decisions regarding gear or clothing (or food) on my own. So if yellow dude could please post his meal plans (although he seems to be in a bit of a calorie deficit), clothing lists (yellow construction paper? I'm not sure a) how breathable that is and b) that he couldn't go a lot lighter with, say, crepe paper) and overall gear lists so that I may copy it verbatim for my own trip.