Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Raccoons...
Display Avatars Sort By:
jon fr
(brdaaw) - F
PCT method on 04/16/2013 11:59:22 MDT Print View

Using the PCT method...
if you tied a second line from the bag to the ground and tied it off, the bag would not be able to be retrieved from the top, nor pulled down from the ground. You'd need an extra ~12' of line though.

Barry P
(BarryP) - F

Locale: Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
Re: PCT method on 04/16/2013 14:17:34 MDT Print View

A lot of interesting ideas here. I sure would like to see the raccoon pull up a food bag. Or if you throw another 5 lbs of rocks in with your 5 lbs of food, I’d be surprised he/she could pull up 10lbs. I use Lawson’s iron wire and I can’t imagine any rodent scurrying up/down that.

-Barry

chris Mcfarland
(pecos)

Locale: baba yaga's porch
a cheap alternative... the two gallon bucket. on 04/16/2013 19:44:39 MDT Print View

On the coast in the pnw you need something for the raccoons. A simple 2 gallon bucket will work and costs 2 dollars. just my two cents.

Bob Gross
(--B.G.--) - F

Locale: Silicon Valley
Re: Re: PCT method on 04/16/2013 20:54:16 MDT Print View

"I use Lawson’s iron wire and I can’t imagine any rodent scurrying up/down that."

Marmots and raccoons use an extremely small Gibbs Ascender.

--B.G.--

Marko Botsaris
(millonas) - F - MLife

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
Re: a cheap alternative... the two gallon bucket. on 04/17/2013 10:18:14 MDT Print View

"On the coast in the pnw you need something for the raccoons. A simple 2 gallon bucket will work and costs 2 dollars. just my two cents."

Nice - that could even fit in many packs. You can claim it as a "frame" for your frameless and get bonus multi-use points. With a DIY closing system you would be gtg!