November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Pack List for Hammock Hikers (A.K.A. Human Piñatas)
Display Avatars Sort By:
Andrew Baxter
(adb0406) - F
Pack List for Hammock Hikers (A.K.A. Human Piñatas) on 04/14/2013 16:05:39 MDT Print View

I am looking to see if any fellow human piñatas out there have a pack list. I am always looking for new ideas.

Reggie Garrett
(regarrett) - M

Locale: Lost in the mountains
Pack list on 04/14/2013 18:40:03 MDT Print View

Since I'm stuck in ICU with my sick Dad, I don't have access to my list. But, the list is the same as when I'm a ground sleeper.... Except for the shelter.

I replace the MLD DuoMid with a custom Silnylon tarp. Replace the Gossamer Gear Nightlight pad with a Hammock Gear Incubator, add in a custom hammock, and toss out the 30"x90" tyvek ground cloth.

Everything else stays the same. I use a Katabatic Gear Palisades top quilt for hammocking or on the ground.

Jeffrey McConnell
my list on 04/15/2013 10:52:34 MDT Print View

Feel free to take a peek at my list. Not too much different from my ground set up. It's here. I used to have a Phoenix UQ rather than the Incubator but I decided the extra weight was worth not having to fiddle with it as much and I could never keep my pack under my feet.

Edited by Catalyst on 04/15/2013 11:04:33 MDT.