Forum Index » GEAR » Duomid with Double Pole Set-up

Display Avatars Sort By:
Stephen Barber
(grampa) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
Duomid with Double Pole Set-up on 04/14/2013 14:30:26 MDT Print View

Some folks have recently asked about a double pole set-up for the MLD Duomid. Here's some quick photos of my Duomid set-up with Gossamer Gear poles, including their extension for the poles.

Duo1

This shows the Duo with two poles, GG adjustable with the GG extensions in them. Note that while this is a very low set-up (back corners are pretty much to the ground), there is still about 8" extension left in the poles, so this can go a good bit higher. I was just trying to get this done quickly! Because of that, I also didn't bother with setting up any of the side pull-outs. There are two MLD Superlight Bivies in the Duo just to show space.

Duo2

Here's an angled view to show interior space a bit better. Rosie the Corgie is not impressed!

Duo3

Finally here's the normal set-up I use, one pole, no extension, and the MLD Solo Innernet. Happy to answer any questions!

Phillip Damiano
(Phillipsart) - M

Locale: Australia
Re: Duomid with Double Pole Set-up on 04/14/2013 21:34:13 MDT Print View

Thanks for the images.

I've got some Gossamer Gear poles on order.

Jared Baker
(simply_light) - MLife

Locale: Midwest, US
Good to know on 04/15/2013 02:46:03 MDT Print View

Good information here. A MYOG pyramid is on my long list of projects, and I was interested in the double pole option.

Do you do anything to secure the poles to each other at the top?

Stephen Barber
(grampa) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
re: Good to know on 04/15/2013 09:46:40 MDT Print View

No, the tops of the two poles fit snugly into the peak with no extra attention needed.