Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Duomid with Double Pole Set-up
Display Avatars Sort By:
Stephen Barber
(grampa) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
Duomid with Double Pole Set-up on 04/14/2013 14:30:26 MDT Print View

Some folks have recently asked about a double pole set-up for the MLD Duomid. Here's some quick photos of my Duomid set-up with Gossamer Gear poles, including their extension for the poles.

This shows the Duo with two poles, GG adjustable with the GG extensions in them. Note that while this is a very low set-up (back corners are pretty much to the ground), there is still about 8" extension left in the poles, so this can go a good bit higher. I was just trying to get this done quickly! Because of that, I also didn't bother with setting up any of the side pull-outs. There are two MLD Superlight Bivies in the Duo just to show space.

Here's an angled view to show interior space a bit better. Rosie the Corgie is not impressed!

Finally here's the normal set-up I use, one pole, no extension, and the MLD Solo Innernet. Happy to answer any questions!

Phillip Damiano

Locale: Australia
Re: Duomid with Double Pole Set-up on 04/14/2013 21:34:13 MDT Print View

Thanks for the images.

I've got some Gossamer Gear poles on order.

Jared Baker
(simply_light) - MLife

Locale: Midwest, US
Good to know on 04/15/2013 02:46:03 MDT Print View

Good information here. A MYOG pyramid is on my long list of projects, and I was interested in the double pole option.

Do you do anything to secure the poles to each other at the top?

Stephen Barber
(grampa) - MLife

Locale: SoCal
re: Good to know on 04/15/2013 09:46:40 MDT Print View

No, the tops of the two poles fit snugly into the peak with no extra attention needed.