SOLD SOLD SOLD
This is a Montbell Alpine Light jacket that has been MODIFIED into an anorak. It used to be an XL and was reduced in the belly area to a size Large. Measurements from pit to pit are the same XL measurements, 25". But the waist tapers down to 24 inches.
Basically, I wanted to tailor a boxy XL jacket to my size. So I cut out the bottom half of the zipper and sewed the bottom half together for a trimmer fit. It was done by hand, not machine.
The zipper is 10.5 inches long.
No alteration to the sleeves or hood, only the belly.
However, THERE ARE NO POCKETS AT ALL. I had intended to make one long down filled hand warmer and sew it to the zipper openings on the inside but never got around to it.
AND, in the zealous spirit of gram counting I (stupidly) removed some tags and the fleece strip along the collar. I don't notice that it is gone but it does mean the seams are visible.
Reasons why you should buy this jacket:
1) It is still an 800 fill Montbell jacket. Cosmetically, it is no longer perfect but it will keep you warm as hell.
2) It is cheap. At $50 you can afford to have a second (or perhaps third) down jacket. And you won't have to baby it because you paid only a fraction of the price.
3) With the jacket on, you won't be able to tell it has been tampered with. Only evidence is on the inside. (See photo)
4) You're a big guy and usually wear an XL but don't have a beer belly.
Reasons why you shouldn't:
1) It has no pockets anywhere.
2) The sewing was done by hand and not a professional seamstress
3) You don't have $50
If you buy the jacket and it doesn't fit, and you are willing to pay for return shipping, I'll give full refund.
Please write me any questions you have.