Forum Index » Gear Swap » WTB: Summer Bag

Display Avatars Sort By:
Allen Butts
(butts0989) - F - MLife

Locale: Northern Rockies
WTB: Summer Bag on 04/10/2013 18:07:33 MDT Print View

Hi all I'm looking for a summer bag/quilt good down to about 35 ^F, anybody looking to sell?

Here There
(cowexnihilo) - MLife
Re: WTB: Summer Bag on 04/10/2013 19:06:19 MDT Print View

Hi Allen,

What size do you need? I have a 30* zpacks quilt/bag that's just a little too short for me at 6'2". PM if you're interested.

Thanks,

-David

Mark Hespenheide
(mhespenheide) - F

Locale: Wasatch and Redrock
Mountainsmith Wisp on 04/12/2013 10:05:43 MDT Print View

If you're looking for something in a longer size, I've got a Mountainsmith Wisp from their brief period trying to break into the high-end market. Here's a review from Climbing magazine (mislabeled the "whisp"):

http://www.climbing.com/gear/mountainsmith-whisp-sleeping-bag-review/

I've found it to be pretty accurate at 30-35 degrees and have pushed it into the mid- to upper-twenties if I slept in a down jacket, but I sleep pretty warm. It's just under 600g with a 1/2 zipper.

Unfortunately I was an idiot one morning in the field, dried it out draped over a bush with thorns, and ripped a number of tears in it which I repaired with K-tape. No subsequent problems, but the tape/patches are there. It's black-on-black, so it looks fine.

I'd go $95 shipped.

Gavin Dinnel
(gavin37396)

Locale: Washington State
Re: Mountainsmith Wisp on 04/14/2013 11:14:23 MDT Print View

Of course giving first refusal to Allen, I would possibly be interested in the Wisp if Allen doesn't want it. I too have been looking for a different warm weather bag.

Gavin
gavin37396@hotmail.com

Bryan Oliphint
(HotTub) - MLife

Locale: Southeast Texas
I just posted a WM Summerlite on 04/14/2013 11:45:27 MDT Print View

I just posted a WM Summerlite Long if you're interested. 32 degree bag.