Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Going for a record
Display Avatars Sort By:
Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth
Going for a record on 04/10/2013 13:08:39 MDT Print View

One of my strengths is working on projects and starting topics that no one cares about (e.g. closed foam clothing, the flat packs, etc.).

Why fight it? Embrace it, Daryl! I'm now going for a record. I'm hoping to make the most Chaff posts in a row without a post from someone other than Daryl.

Wish me luck but please don't post your good wishes in the Chaff Forum.....unless you are Daryl.

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Good Luck Daryl! on 04/10/2013 13:09:31 MDT Print View

If you do well this year you might want to try out for the Nationals next year.

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Re: Good Luck Daryl! on 04/10/2013 13:11:34 MDT Print View

Thanks for the encouragement. I estimate that I've made something like 3 posts in a row now which may already be a record. Not sure. Better hit the post button before someone jumps in and spoils this potential record.

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

I'm impressed on 04/10/2013 13:18:41 MDT Print View

I'm impressed by what you have accomplished so far. I'm thinking the words "everyday hero" might apply.

Four in a row. Wowwwww! You are on a rowl.

Edited by lyrad1 on 04/12/2013 09:28:55 MDT.

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Regrets? on 04/10/2013 13:26:56 MDT Print View

Any regrets since you started on this quest for the record?

I've had a few but, then again, too few to mention....since I've only been doing this for a few minutes.

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Retirement Planning on 04/10/2013 13:29:01 MDT Print View

Daryl,

You worked for 40 years so you could retire. Is this how you envisioned spending your retirement years?

Well, not exactly.

As Dr. Phil would say "How's this working for you?"

Daryl

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Coasting over the line-Record Set on 04/10/2013 13:34:07 MDT Print View

And the checkered flag goes to Daryl for completing 7 in a row. Lucky 7.

Very productive half hour even if I say so myself. I doubt if anything else in my day will come even close.

On to other projects. I think I'll go watch the robin sit on her 3 new eggs.

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: Coasting over the line-Record Set on 04/10/2013 13:44:18 MDT Print View

"On to other projects. I think I'll go watch the robin sit on her 3 new eggs."

Well, Daryl, I took that as our cue for congratulating you on your quest. Most impressive, indeed!!

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Re: Re: Coasting over the line-Record Set on 04/10/2013 14:03:52 MDT Print View

Thanks Ben.

I couldn't have done it alone. Actually I could only have done it alone.

David Adair
(DavidAdair) - M

Locale: West Dakota
Re: Re: Re: Coasting over the line-Record Set on 04/11/2013 18:07:49 MDT Print View

Congratulations! and thanks, you had me laughing with every post.

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Coasting over the line-Record Set on 04/11/2013 20:04:14 MDT Print View

David,

Thanks for the encouragement.

Others may now reject you, however, because their advice has been "Don't encourage him."

But inside you will know that you did the right thing. Very brave.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Coasting over the line-Record Set on 04/11/2013 23:44:06 MDT Print View

I support Daryl's endeavors.

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Coasting over the line-Record Set on 04/12/2013 09:28:00 MDT Print View

Travis,

Thanks for the support.

Can I count on you to translate that support into dollars?

Next month I will start raising money for my 2014 attempt to break my record. I'm going for 8 in a row.

Daryl

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Coasting over the line-Record Set on 04/12/2013 09:34:35 MDT Print View

Ooooh, you should launch a kickstarter campaign!

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Going for a record on 04/12/2013 09:43:19 MDT Print View

Going for a posting record. At first I thought, has he lost his head? Then I realized, no, just his hat....

just Justin Whitson
(ArcturusBear)
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Coasting over the line-Record Set on 04/12/2013 10:52:33 MDT Print View

You get a dollar from me, but in monopoly currency unfortunately.

just Justin Whitson
(ArcturusBear)
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Coasting over the line-Record Set on 04/12/2013 11:07:08 MDT Print View

Btw, i thoroughly enjoyed this thread and your self back and forth bantering. Twas entertaining and amusing.

I'm not yet an accepted member of this exclusive club yet (doubt i will ever be), so to some extent, i understand where you are coming from. Plus i'm a little out there. Plus, i have a bit of a checkered past on another backpacking forum what with Kapok and Alpaca and a little too much enthusiasm and zealousness and all. I'm sure some of you have been pre-warned and forewarned, "Beware Liteman, beware (echo, echo, echo..)" Ok, maybe not, but i like the thought of such theoretical attention.

But, truth be told, i like this site and group infinitely more than that one. More free thinkers, more innovators, and more fearless folks here. Anyone with enough money and time on their hands can buy gear or prostitute themselves to a gear company for it, test gear out, and write up fancy professional sounding reports, and then seem all important, wise, learned, and earn and become overly attached to such status gained. It's easy, safe, and not challenging in the least bit.. (unless you're taking it to really extreme places, both more literally and figuratively)

Ah, but to dare to think outside the box, to question convention, to experiment, to be truly open mined even though you may fail or be wrong sometimes, to create, to imagine, that's where true growth will be sparked from and THEN eventually nurtured by the more conventional and fear filled types once it has caught on.

Fear and Love, not true opposites, but in a relative world, could almost be.

Daryl and Daryl
(lyrad1) - MLife

Re: Re: Going for a record on 04/12/2013 11:22:36 MDT Print View

Douglas,

You just let me know, indirectly, that my avatar changed....for you.

It still hasn't changed for me.

Mystery continues. We'll probably put a man on the moon before this avatar situation is solved.

By the way, with my broad shoulders and small, hoodless, hairless head I notice that I look a lot like a tick. Lucky I'm already married. She's stuck with me.

Daryl

Edited by lyrad1 on 04/12/2013 11:33:26 MDT.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Re: Going for a record on 04/12/2013 11:52:33 MDT Print View

"I notice that I look a lot like a tick. Lucky I'm already married. She's stuck with me. "

Is that because you're stuck to her? It's hard to remove a tick....

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Re: Re: Re: Re: Going for a record on 04/12/2013 12:06:17 MDT Print View

Daryl, you don't transmit Lyme Disease, do you?