Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Additional policy for Gear Swap forum?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Re: Additional policy for Gear Swap forum? on 05/15/2013 16:16:11 MDT Print View

"To all those crotchety old folks making complaints about kids on their lawns asking too many questions...well this isn't solely your lawn. Stay at home if you don't like it."

Well now, enjoyed the post up until this point. Because, you see, I can just as easily say to all those upstart young 'uns who want to dictate how everyone's lawn should be kept ... well this isn't solely your lawn. Stay at home if you don't like us crotchety old folks giving our opinions.

See how that works?

Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: Re: Additional policy for Gear Swap forum? on 05/15/2013 17:05:04 MDT Print View

I think the important lawn question should be whether it is environmentally acceptable to water a lawn in the southwest, where there is a water shortage.

Dena Kelley
(EagleRiverDee) - M

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska
"Additional policy for Gear Swap forum?" on 05/15/2013 17:24:36 MDT Print View

Tad Englund stated, "The price paid doesn't always reflect the real value/cost."

This is true, but I tend to ask to see photos of the actual item. I will not buy based on stock photos from the manufacturer unless the item is billed as "new with tags, never used".

I find value in Gear Swap, I've scored a good item, I've seen some really nice scores that other people have made, and I like that it's recycling items instead of just letting them sit in someone's closet.

Richard Mock
(moxtr) - M

Locale: The piney woods
my 2 cents on 05/21/2013 03:12:02 MDT Print View

I would prefer that the price stay up and I think a 'sold for' entry is a good idea that I would include if I sold an item.