Forum Index » Gear Swap » WTB: ~9x9 Tarp with lots of tie-outs, plus poles, guy lines.

Display Avatars Sort By:
Rob Harrison
(robhar54) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
WTB: ~9x9 Tarp with lots of tie-outs, plus poles, guy lines. on 04/06/2013 16:01:29 MDT Print View

I'm looking for (ideally) a square ~9x9 flat tarp with lots of tie-outs--four along each each, four along the ridge line, and four panel tie-outs (2 on each side). Something along the lines of a Borah, BearPaw, Yama, or Oware (or even Zpack), in the one pound weight range. If you've got extra carbon poles, Ti stakes and guylines I might take those over your hands too.

An 8x10 tarp with similar tie-outs is also a possibility. (Open to suggestions.)

I want to give tarp camping a try with my ten-year-old son on bicycle overnights. So something big enough for two inexperienced but eager ultra-light campers. :)

Thank you!

Rob in Seattle

Edited by robhar54 on 04/06/2013 16:44:29 MDT.

Jean-Francois Jobin
(jfjobin) - MLife
cool kit for you Rob... on 04/06/2013 18:00:02 MDT Print View

But you don't have PM email adress,so pm me for my e-mail.

J-F

janos mathiesen
(janosm) - F

Locale: phinney ridge
have a great tarp... on 04/06/2013 19:48:00 MDT Print View

This feels like synchronicity... I was just about to post my 8x10 Etowah tarp that I have had modified at rainy pass repair here in, ready for this... Seattle! I reinforced the original tie outs as well as adding 4 tie outs in the field area. It is a really superbly well crafted tarp at this point and in perfect condition. If you would like to see it in person let me know... My email is janosmagus@gmail(dot)com.

Shane Reed
(sreed24)
Bearpwaw 8x8 on 04/07/2013 07:41:49 MDT Print View

I have a BPWD 8x8 tarp with numerous tie outs that served me very well before I moved to a Trailstar. $60 shipped

Bryan Oliphint
(HotTub) - MLife

Locale: Southeast Texas
As soon as Rob finds what he needs... on 04/07/2013 09:14:03 MDT Print View

As soon as Rob finds what he needs, I'll take one of his "rejects." (I was just about to post a similar WTB.)

I'm looking for a large, fairly light tarp with a fair number of tie outs. I don't necessarily need square, however. In fact, rectangular might be better for my purposes.

I sure don't want to undercut you Rob...so pick what you want and I'll likely buy one of the others.

Hope you don't mind me piggybacking on your post!

Jay Wilkerson
(Creachen) - MLife

Locale: East Bay
WTB: 9x9 Tarp with tie-outs,plus guy lines on 04/07/2013 10:17:38 MDT Print View

Rob, I have MLD yellow guy line for you. PM ME

Edited by Creachen on 04/07/2013 10:20:09 MDT.

janos mathiesen
(janosm) - F

Locale: phinney ridge
oops... on 04/07/2013 12:11:27 MDT Print View

it's actually janosmagnus@gmail(dot)com.

Rob Harrison
(robhar54) - M

Thanks! on 04/07/2013 12:43:39 MDT Print View

Wow--this is great! Thanks for the profile/PM tip Jean-Francois. I fixed that, so y'all can send PMs if you like. Meanwhile, I'll send PMs to the several of you who responded with tarps!

Rob in Seattle

Rob Harrison
(robhar54) - M

One Tarp Secured! on 04/07/2013 21:16:26 MDT Print View

Thanks all. I have my first ultralight tarp! Very exciting. And Janos and I had a small world moment as well. Good stuff!

Bryan, have at it!

Rob in Seattle