Forum Index » GEAR » Alcohol Storage Container - GoGo Squeez?

Display Avatars Sort By:
M B
(livingontheroad) - M
alcohol containers on 04/04/2013 19:32:44 MDT Print View

the nalgene type containers with flip top lid (the quality ones, not coughlans) are about the best, but slightly heavy, and hard to come by.

the containers lemon juice comes in at the grocery store work well too. Small spout which pours accurates, screw on cap which seals tightly.

Casey Jones
(cjsbug) - F
Re: Re: rum runner on 04/04/2013 23:26:12 MDT Print View

"Looking good. Their 8 oz flask is good for alcohol.
Any info on their weight?"

9.6 grams by my scale.

Jesse Anderson
(jeepin05) - F

Locale: Land of Enchantment
Larger version of the GoGo squeeze on 04/05/2013 09:08:19 MDT Print View

I found these at my local walmart the other day and thought, they might be great for something but couldn't find a use for it in my own kit. Maybe because I've yet to convert to alky stoves.

capri sun bottle

It's a bit hard to see but it holds 11.2 oz, bot sure of the weight of the bottle, don't have a good scale right now. As it's meant to hold liquid the seal is pretty tight. I filled it with water and squeezed pretty hard with no loss of containment. the nozzle is pretty small, about the size of the outer diameter of a hydration hose.

Yukio Yamakawa
(JSBJSB) - F

Locale: Tokyo,JAPAN
Re: Re: rum runner on 04/06/2013 08:57:59 MDT Print View

nice!

Eric Lundquist
(cobberman) - F - M

Locale: Northern Colorado
Re: rum runner on 04/06/2013 10:16:02 MDT Print View

I've used the apple sauce packet for fuel alcohol storage. In fact I have a partially full one sitting in my gear room to test for leaks. Yes, it would be nice to see how much is left, but, if you premeasure you're fuel before the trip and measure at each burn you should be ok.

Regarding the Rum Runner, I purchased some 8oz flasks a few years ago and have used them successfully with drinkable alcohol, but for denatured alcohol (Sunnyside brand) the plastic will slowly decay. After my first trip with using one as a fuel storage flask, the plastic was becoming milky. It could have been my brand of fuel which cased the problems, but I would not risk it on a trip.