Suggestions on an altimeter or ABC watch.
Display Avatars Sort By:
Stevie Patrick
(XstevieX)

Locale: Adirondacks
Suggestions on an altimeter or ABC watch. on 04/03/2013 12:04:36 MDT Print View

Have been thinking about investing in a good trail watch. I haven't hiked with one in the past, but often thought I'd enjoy having an altimeter to track elevation gain/loss, and to keep track where I am on a climb. So I guess I'm debating whether or not I should just get an altimeter to clip on to my pack, or go ahead and get a multifunction watch. Does anyone have any preferences or suggestions?

Brandon Vidrine
(bvidrine82)
ABC Watch on 04/03/2013 12:14:01 MDT Print View

I use the high gear axiomax and have been very satisfied; I also have a Suunto vector which I like, but he axiomax seems better built, more sturdy, and easy to use.

I do not find they are very precise, more for general altitude and basic orientation.

Erik Basil
(EBasil) - M

Locale: Atzlan
Re: ABC Watch on 04/03/2013 13:13:04 MDT Print View

Casio's Pro-Trek watches can be had with the solar feature and, if you're willing to forego the titanium shells, can go for nice, low prices on eBay. I picked up mine for a song that way and got one with many of the "G-Shock" features my habits require...clonk, bonk and slam!

J H L
(jake.L) - F

Locale: Katahdin
Casio PAW2000 on 04/03/2013 13:56:42 MDT Print View

After A LOT of looking at all the ABC's out there the Casio PAW2000 was the one for me. The PAW1500 is very good to.