Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Podcasts
Display Avatars Sort By:
Sean Monahan
(Zvolen) - F

Locale: CA Central Valley
Podcasts on 04/01/2013 13:36:07 MDT Print View

Simple question, any outdoor/backpacking podcasts you all suggest to help me pull through the day until I can get out on the trail myself? Thanks

Carter Hunt
(TheChamp) - F

Locale: Portland, OR
Podcast on 04/01/2013 14:16:29 MDT Print View

"The Trail Show"

Beer, hiking, trails, etc.

Clint Lum
(clintlum91) - F
Re: Podcast on 04/01/2013 14:50:53 MDT Print View

I also like The Trail Show. Not a stereotypical backpacking show. There is a bit of everything, except gear reviews ironically, so for some gear heads around here that might stink.

Btw, Mags if your lurking yall should do a CT show! Im sure a lot of people would like it (myself included). Especially if there happened to be some logistical discussion on there!

Michael Schwartz
(greenwalk) - MLife

Locale: PA & Ireland
Podcasts on 04/01/2013 15:21:57 MDT Print View

Just started getting into podcasts myself. I'm a fan of "The Trail Show". Check out "Pox and Puss" and "All Who Wander" too.

Mike

Sean Monahan
(Zvolen) - F

Locale: CA Central Valley
Re: Podcasts on 04/01/2013 15:29:59 MDT Print View

Sounds as if The Trail Show is one I will add to the list. Thanks for all of the other suggestions as well, i will definitely check them out. If others have more please feel free to add them.

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Re: Re: Podcasts on 04/01/2013 18:21:30 MDT Print View

Also, BackpackingLight.co.uk is very well done, provides a different perspective for us in the US.

Paul Magnanti
(PaulMags) - MLife

Locale: People's Republic of Boulder
TTS on 04/03/2013 17:16:16 MDT Print View

Yep..our motto is "Less gear..more beer!" :)

We celebrate the hikes and the hiking lifestyle rather than the gear. I like to think of the show as bit like "Backpacker Magazines meets NPR's Car Talk" :)

We have not done a CT show yet because it seems a bit of a "low hanging" fruit as all four of us have done it and we had Pepper on as a guest panelist who holds the record.

BUT..I think it will make a great May "Trail of Da Month" as many people start the thru-hikes of the CT in late June.

Great idea. :)

Edited by PaulMags on 04/03/2013 17:18:45 MDT.