November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
Display Avatars Sort By:
Sean Monahan
(Zvolen) - F

Locale: CA Central Valley
Podcasts on 04/01/2013 13:36:07 MDT Print View

Simple question, any outdoor/backpacking podcasts you all suggest to help me pull through the day until I can get out on the trail myself? Thanks

Carter Hunt
(TheChamp) - F

Locale: Portland, OR
Podcast on 04/01/2013 14:16:29 MDT Print View

"The Trail Show"

Beer, hiking, trails, etc.

Clint Lum
(clintlum91) - F
Re: Podcast on 04/01/2013 14:50:53 MDT Print View

I also like The Trail Show. Not a stereotypical backpacking show. There is a bit of everything, except gear reviews ironically, so for some gear heads around here that might stink.

Btw, Mags if your lurking yall should do a CT show! Im sure a lot of people would like it (myself included). Especially if there happened to be some logistical discussion on there!

Michael Schwartz
(greenwalk) - MLife

Locale: PA & Ireland
Podcasts on 04/01/2013 15:21:57 MDT Print View

Just started getting into podcasts myself. I'm a fan of "The Trail Show". Check out "Pox and Puss" and "All Who Wander" too.

Sean Monahan
(Zvolen) - F

Locale: CA Central Valley
Re: Podcasts on 04/01/2013 15:29:59 MDT Print View

Sounds as if The Trail Show is one I will add to the list. Thanks for all of the other suggestions as well, i will definitely check them out. If others have more please feel free to add them.

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Re: Re: Podcasts on 04/01/2013 18:21:30 MDT Print View

Also, is very well done, provides a different perspective for us in the US.

Paul Magnanti
(PaulMags) - MLife

Locale: People's Republic of Boulder
TTS on 04/03/2013 17:16:16 MDT Print View

Yep..our motto is "Less gear..more beer!" :)

We celebrate the hikes and the hiking lifestyle rather than the gear. I like to think of the show as bit like "Backpacker Magazines meets NPR's Car Talk" :)

We have not done a CT show yet because it seems a bit of a "low hanging" fruit as all four of us have done it and we had Pepper on as a guest panelist who holds the record.

BUT..I think it will make a great May "Trail of Da Month" as many people start the thru-hikes of the CT in late June.

Great idea. :)

Edited by PaulMags on 04/03/2013 17:18:45 MDT.