November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
How to modify draw string top on Osprey Exos?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Austin Lundquist
(Alundquist) - F
How to modify draw string top on Osprey Exos? on 03/30/2013 15:54:46 MDT Print View

Anyone ever mod an osprey exos so that the draw string top closure was changed into a roll top? If love to do this to close the top off without having to use the detachable lid they use...

Christopher Kuzak
thread on this on 03/31/2013 09:15:20 MDT Print View

There was a thread on this not too long ago. Just do a search and you'll find it.

I am in the same boat. I want to save some weight, would like to dump the floating lid, but am leery of cutting up the pack.

Ken T.
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: All up in there
Re: How to modify draw string top on Osprey Exos? on 03/31/2013 09:36:28 MDT Print View

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: thread on this on 03/31/2013 09:42:18 MDT Print View

I would make a simple cover flap that uses the same attachment points as the pocket, like the Granite Gear lid. It could have some use to carry a rain jacket, sit pad, rolled sleeping pad, etc. it would leave the pack unadulterated and would be much easier to do. A simple rectangle of silnylon and a little hardware would do the trick.

I like the pocket for quick access to items on the trail and can afford the small weight. I keep stuff like my first aid kit, headlamp, snacks, gloves, beanie and sunglasses up there--- my glovebox :)