Forum Index » Post-Trip Reports » A long anticipated meeting on the Black Forest Trail

Display Avatars Sort By:
Nick Gatel
(ngatel) - MLife

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: Hummers... on 04/11/2013 17:55:53 MDT Print View

"Oops. Well, I guess that just goes to show that I haven't met the right people! (though I still have a problem with the pitiful gas mileage, but let's not get into that here) Sorry to paint you all with such a broad brush. Not the first time I've made that mistake..."

I don't know what it is about some women Prius drivers here in California. But several have approached me at the gas pump to chew me out for driving a Ford SUV.

So... my goal in these confrontations is to make them cry. When my wife sees a female Prius owner walking towards me at the gas station she jumps out of the passenger seat and asks me to please not cause a scene.

Well... I am just minding my own business, so "game on."

BTW, I think I am 12 for 13 in the crying game.

:)

No offense to any Prius owners here.

Leigh Baker
(leighb) - F

Locale: Northeast Texas Pineywoods
Ike and Ide on 04/11/2013 18:24:20 MDT Print View

Great story guys!

d k
(dkramalc) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Hummers... on 04/11/2013 18:28:45 MDT Print View

Just for the record, Nick, I've never confronted anyone about their choice of car...unless you count my earlier post.

I was reflecting after being caught out in my Hummer statement, about how when I read your story about the date who didn't want to be seen in your pickup, I was thinking how dumb it was to feel like a vehicle somehow said something bad about her...ignoring the fact that I thought something bad about everyone who drives a certain type of car. ugh.

Jim Colten
(jcolten)

Locale: MN
Re: Hummers... on 04/11/2013 19:27:25 MDT Print View

Among the MANY things that mystify me is the idea that a person's automobile somehow is a foundation for their sense of identity. I just don't get it.

NOTE: lest anyone be tempted to ask me what color the sky is in my universe, don't bother ... I'm somewhat physically color blind and mentally almost completely so.

Tom Kirchner
(ouzel) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest/Sierra
Re: Re: Re: Hummers... on 04/11/2013 19:53:46 MDT Print View

"I don't know what it is about some women Prius drivers here in California. But several have approached me at the gas pump to chew me out for driving a Ford SUV."

A classic case of sublimated peni$ envy. ;o)

Tom Clark
(TomClark) - MLife

Locale: East Coast
Re: A long anticipated meeting on the Black Forest Trail on 04/30/2013 19:29:33 MDT Print View

The Black Forest Trail is surprisingly rugged, but definitley doable...preferably without a severe cold. I enjoyed the photos (brought back fond memories) and banter.
Tom