Forum Index » Gear Swap » WTB: Patagonia Houdini

Display Avatars Sort By:
Sean Fletcher
(Risen19)
WTB: Patagonia Houdini on 03/29/2013 21:12:59 MDT Print View

I've done some searching and decided that, despite the disgustingly high price, the Patagonia Houdini would be worth the investment as a wind shirt.
I was looking at the Golite Wisp but that seems to be discontinued.

Also, does anyone know how the fit is? I heard that if you wear a L you really want to size up or something like that.

Is there anyone that has a L Patagonia Houdini, any color, they're willing to part with? Not really beat up and not too steep.

Many Thanks,

Sean

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: WTB: Patagonia Houdini on 03/29/2013 21:44:57 MDT Print View

Good luck, Sean! I've been watching like a hawk -- and just a week or so ago -- there was one -- blue, L -- and for just $40 -- and someone snatched it within minutes!! :(

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
Re: Re: WTB: Patagonia Houdini on 03/29/2013 21:48:51 MDT Print View

I own one windshell Ben, the black Houdini you sold me a few years ago. It's easily one of my favorite items.

You should have never let it go!

Muahahahahaha....ha. ;-)

Ben 2 World
(ben2world) - MLife

Locale: So Cal
Re: WTB: Patagonia Houdini on 03/29/2013 21:57:24 MDT Print View

You laugh... I STILL have your street address, buddy!!

Actually, I sold you the black one because I got a blue replacement. I like the Houdini so much that I am always on the lookout to buy another. Looks like we are all Houdini enthusiasts! :)

Adan Lopez
(Lopez) - F

Locale: San Gabriel Valley
Houdini on 03/29/2013 22:25:15 MDT Print View

I'm waiting to hear from a possible buyer, but in case that falls through, I have a blue XL...

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=74949&skip_to_post=642661#642661

Marc Loomis
(th12t33n)
Fit of the Houdini on 03/29/2013 23:02:06 MDT Print View

As this being my first post its nice i can help someone.

I just received my L paintbrush red houdini first thoughts on fit,

Well i sure am not 180 lbs anymore.

Im 5'8" 206 right now and the L is a tight squeeze (I didn't realize how much winter armor i put on :/)

I mean i feel like phelps swimming the butterfly putting it on.
When starting to zip it it hangs down fairly low past my hips so its a little tight when trying to start zipping.

I just contacted Mountaingear.com (Btw they still have them in L and XL for 55.95) I'll hopefully be returning mine Monday and wait anxiously for my XL to arrive to see if i can slip it over my ghost whisperer.

Btw i loooovee the bright paintbrush red color! just sucks im eating the shipping back to them and then prolly back to me again..

just Justin Whitson
(ArcturusBear) - M
Re: Fit of the Houdini on 03/30/2013 01:06:55 MDT Print View

Thanks for the tip Marc re: the Houdini. Haha, i'm exactly the opposite with the color. Normally, color is not a big issue for me, but i so dislike most shades of red, especially the one being sold for cheap... This is how much i dislike that color, i went to the women's, and decided to order the last large "light Aquarium " one. I'm normally inbetween a medium and small in men's, so i figured the large should fit somewhat decently. Would have ordered an extra large if they had the option as i like extra room, but i'm adaptable.

Edited by ArcturusBear on 03/30/2013 01:08:53 MDT.

just Justin Whitson
(ArcturusBear) - M
Re: Houdini on 03/30/2013 01:13:05 MDT Print View

I'm not saying it's a bad price Adan but... with two previous owners, and the fact that people can get brand new Houdini's for 55 and some change, you might want to lower your price a bit if you're not getting serious interest or responses.

Sean Fletcher
(Risen19)
Thanks Everyone on 03/30/2013 10:17:35 MDT Print View

I found with my REI Dividend and 20% off coupon I'm gonna be getting the houdini for about $25!

Thanks for everyone's input.

Sean

Eugene Smith
(Eugeneius) - MLife

Locale: Nuevo Mexico
Re: Thanks Everyone on 03/30/2013 10:29:06 MDT Print View

Wow.

You can't beat that.