Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
FS: Granite Gear Escape AC 40 Backpack (trimmed for reduced weight)
Display Avatars Sort By:
David Mandrella
(thedavil)

Locale: Independence Lake
FS: Granite Gear Escape AC 40 Backpack (trimmed for reduced weight) on 03/26/2013 20:26:52 MDT Print View

This is my old Granite Gear Escape AC 40 pack. The torso size on this pack is customizable and will fit just about anyone. Includes detachable hip belt (size Medium), and optional top-lid.

Asking $85 shipped OBO

The zipper on the front compartment separated while I was in the field, so I modified it by cutting out the zipper and making the pocket smaller. I also removed some excess fabric from the area and ran some shock cord between the accessory loops to hold wet clothes, rain jacket, etc. I don't remember exactly how much weight the modifications cut off, but if memory serves, it was at least a few ounces of savings that (in my opinion) actually made the pack more versatile. I saved all the fabric, cordage, and webbing that I trimmed from the pack and will include that with the pack.

I used this pack on a 4 month trip to hawaii, so it has a little wear and tear. It's pretty solidly built and I carried up to 35# loads with it comfortably. Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours, especially if it will go to a good home.

Escape AC 40 - front

Escape AC 40 - side

Escape AC 40 - back

Escape AC 40 - top open

Paypal Gift Preferred

Edited by thedavil on 03/26/2013 21:10:33 MDT.

Matt Stowe
(matthew.stowe@gmail.com) - M

Locale: Wisconsin
Offer for Granite Gear Backpack on 03/27/2013 07:14:22 MDT Print View

I can offer 70. Let me know if you find that acceptable.

I'm outfitting my wife and two daughters for our first family multi-night backpacking trip. We're going to Isle Royale National Park in June.

BTW - I would have sent a private message, but I did not see the option for it.

Matt

Mark Ries
(mtmnmark) - M

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Re: Offer for Granite Gear Backpack on 03/27/2013 07:50:49 MDT Print View

Nm

Edited by mtmnmark on 03/27/2013 07:55:04 MDT.

David Mandrella
(thedavil)

Locale: Independence Lake
*SOLD* on 03/27/2013 12:43:28 MDT Print View

Sold! Thanks for looking