Forum Index » GEAR » Merrell Lumi Opti Warm jacket Vs Nanopuff?

Display Avatars Sort By:
dave e
(hipass) - F

Locale: Los Angeles
Merrell Lumi Opti Warm jacket Vs Nanopuff? on 03/26/2013 16:53:48 MDT Print View

I have a nanopuff hoody which fits me tight in the shoulders.Recently at the the thrift store i bought a Merrell Lumi Opti Warm jacket which is similar to the np but a little heavier and no hood.It is quilted and seems much warmer and much more solid than the delicate np.It is slightly heavier but not much bulkier and for 10$ thats fine by me.Anybody ever heard of this jacket?
I see them on ebay but very little info on google.

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Merrell Lumi Opti Warm jacket Vs Nanopuff? on 03/26/2013 19:27:02 MDT Print View

Merrell's outdoor clothing used to be based here in Portland and we still have a Merrell store here. I think Merrell's biggest problem was overpricing and not really being able to capitalize on their footwear name and compete against the larger outdoor companies, like TNF, Marmot, etc. The "Opti" name seemed to be attached to a lot of their products, their version of branding like "Titanium" for Columbia.

I think the quality was on par with those same big brands for most things, so if if fits and it was cheap, use it until it dies.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Re: Merrell Lumi Opti Warm jacket Vs Nanopuff? on 03/26/2013 23:19:15 MDT Print View

Sounds like a bargain to me. If the jacket fits, wear it!

Are you sure it is a Lumi? Merrell has a whole line of Opti Warm jackets. It appears the Lumi is a women's jacket. There is a men's Intercept Opti Warm, etc.

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/merrell/intercept-opti-warm-jacket/

I have run across some Merrell shorts that were excellent.

Edited by dwambaugh on 03/26/2013 23:24:00 MDT.

dave e
(hipass) - F

Locale: Los Angeles
k on 03/27/2013 01:01:34 MDT Print View

Mine has square not triangular quilt pattern which is the typical gender differentiation on jackets of all kinds.Aside from that it is identical to the woman's Lumi.

It seems like an excellent jacket. it has a napolean pocket as well.

Edited by hipass on 03/27/2013 01:04:13 MDT.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Re: k on 03/27/2013 01:26:38 MDT Print View

"Mine has square not triangular quilt pattern which is the typical gender differentiation on jackets of all kinds"

That and a [] shape vs )( {grin}