Forum Index » Gear Swap » Wtb 1 or 2 person bug net

Display Avatars Sort By:
cosmo teddy
(cosmoteddy) - MLife
Wtb 1 or 2 person bug net on 03/26/2013 05:13:16 MDT Print View

I bought a black diamond betalight on here previously, but I have not been able to use it without a bug net. I camp with my dogs and they would not stick around with an open tent.
I really like how lightweight it is so whatever net I get I want to keep the weight low. I have a 15 lb and 20-22 lb dog. I don't want anything too claustrophobic inducing. I have week a few that have just enough took to sit up in one end and not much more than that. I don't know whether it would be better for a one person or two person bug tent as lately I have been going with my dad. However I see it being more likely to be just me and the dogs in the future. So I am open to both. Just tell me what you have.

Edited to add ..The question has been asked if I wanted a bug net or one to go with my beta light. I'm looking for something that would fit underneath. A general bug shelter could be nice but then I would want a tarp to go with it and I'm already up to three shelters as a newbie.

Edited by cosmoteddy on 03/27/2013 00:41:26 MDT.

Mike Young
(klackamas) - F - MLife

Locale: The Concrete Jungle
REI Bug Hut Pro 2 Tent on 03/26/2013 07:40:20 MDT Print View

I have a REI Bug Hut Pro 2 Tent that has never been used.

http://www.rei.com/product/777772/rei-bug-hut-pro-2-tent

I have only set it up in the yard. If interested I would take $75 shipped in U.S.

Easiest way to contact me is email... ingreentrees@yahoo.com

Edited by klackamas on 03/26/2013 14:18:22 MDT.

cosmo teddy
(cosmoteddy) - MLife
rei bug net on 03/26/2013 22:50:54 MDT Print View

Thanks for the offer but I'm looking to get something much lighter than this.

David Mandrella
(thedavil) - M

Locale: Independence Lake
YAMA Mountain Gear Bug Shelter on 03/27/2013 10:48:02 MDT Print View

I've got a bug shelter listed here:
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=68531

I'm asking $70 shipped.

If this is something like what you had in mind, send me a PM.

cosmo teddy
(cosmoteddy) - MLife
still looking on 04/13/2013 20:07:42 MDT Print View

One person had sent me an offer on a tent that was more of a loose fitting net. I need to be able to find something that is completely sealed and zipped because my houdini dogs will not stay in a tent that they could just move their nose a little bit and get out.

So come on yall. I have seen the pictures of your gear closet and know that some of you need to get rid of one to make room for a new piece of gear!