Forum Index » Gear Swap » WTB: 30" Snow shoes with Televator

Display Avatars Sort By:
Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WTB: 30" Snow shoes with Televator on 04/01/2013 13:07:37 MDT Print View

Well done!

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lakes Bay Region
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: WTB: 30" Snow shoes with Televator on 04/01/2013 13:19:22 MDT Print View

Asa small victory my freind :-)

Jim Colten
(jcolten) - M

Locale: MN
Re: WTB: 30" Snow shoes with Televator on 04/01/2013 16:45:24 MDT Print View

Stephen, you got a real bargain! I'm finding it hard to resist picking those up.

I'm curious about the purchase though. I'm assuming this grew out of the experience you hinted at with low cost shoes on the recent Pictured Rocks outing. I fully understand frustration with inadequate snowshoes. Were you gravitating to the MSRs due to conditions found there or due to anticipated use in steep terrain elsewhere.

If the 'rocks are hilly enough to merit the lightning ascents I think I'd have been in deep do-do with Northern Lights.

Jim

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: The Great Lakes Bay Region
Re: Re: WTB: 30" Snow shoes with Televator on 04/01/2013 17:20:22 MDT Print View

Hi Jim,

They where indeed a great bargain.

The cheapo ones I had with me where fine on flat ground but where not great on steep ascents and descents, the Lighning Ascents are probaly overkill for most routes in Michigan but did not want to have to purchase another pair for going on trips out West and East.

I am sure your Northern Lights would have been fine.

Cheers,