PETE pharmacy bottle for alcohol fuel?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
PETE pharmacy bottle for alcohol fuel? on 03/22/2013 22:47:06 MDT Print View

I have a dim recollection of something like this being mentioned ages ago, but I ran across a couple of these PETE plastic pharmacy bottle and thought I would share it. It is graduated to 400ml/14oz and like like it will go to 500ml. It weighs 1.6oz. I like the color and the childproof cap. I'll add a couple Mr. Yuck stickers and a label too.

500ml pharmacy bottle
500ml pharmacy bottle

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

PETE pharmacy bottle for alcohol fuel? on 03/22/2013 23:00:14 MDT Print View

I've been using one for alcohol (Heet) fuel and have had no problem with leaks, etc.

Best part, it was free. I just asked at the Target Pharmacy if I could have an unlabeled bottle and they gave it to me.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Re: PETE pharmacy bottle for alcohol fuel? on 03/22/2013 23:12:02 MDT Print View

"Best part, it was free."

I had to pay $0.50 for this one :)

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: PETE pharmacy bottle for alcohol fuel? on 03/23/2013 09:02:08 MDT Print View

I asked nicely and my phamacy gave me one as well. Good bottles. I have a nalgene cap on mine that fits perfectly and no leaks.

Edited by kthompson on 03/23/2013 10:37:28 MDT.

todd harper
(funnymoney) - MLife

Locale: Sunshine State
Re: PETE pharmacy bottle for alcohol fuel? on 03/23/2013 10:18:03 MDT Print View

I have used these but had a cap leak.

Where do you get the cap, Ken, and which cap?

Thanks!

Ken Thompson
(kthompson) - MLife

Locale: Behind the Redwood Curtain
Re: PETE pharmacy bottle for alcohol fuel? on 03/23/2013 10:36:29 MDT Print View

The cap came from a 4oz squeeze bottle I had laying around. It is a common size for a lot of the small Nalgene bottles.