Forum Index » GEAR » REI Dividend Coming

Display Avatars Sort By:
Jennifer Mitol
(Jenmitol) - M

Locale: In my dreams....
Re: How do I cash out the dividend?? on 03/18/2013 22:22:41 MDT Print View

Craig, PM coming...Ill also include my social security number, ATM PIN and bank routing numbers. I hope that makes it easier for you!!

Not-Travis...I'd so much rather set myself up for ridicule than to take a few moments to actually look it up myself. Way more fun this way.

Travis Leanna
(T.L.) - MLife

Locale: Wisconsin
Re: Re: How do I cash out the dividend?? on 03/18/2013 22:40:57 MDT Print View

>Not-Travis...I'd so much rather set myself up for ridicule than to take a few moments to actually look it up myself. Way more fun this way.

Wait, what? I'm confused!

Eric Blumensaadt
(Danepacker) - MLife

Locale: Mojave Desert
Dividend? on 03/19/2013 00:37:34 MDT Print View

Dividend? What Dividend?

You mean I'll have to dig through my trash to get that REI board voting flier?
All these years since the '70s and I'm just NOW finding out about this dividend thing?

(Just kidding guys)

This year I got a grand total of $39. B/C I already have most of my expensive gear that I'd buy from REI. I have hundreds of pounds of lightweight gear.

For some (most?) of us our avatar should be a shot of our overstuffed gear closet snd us standing there with our GAA sponsor and our 12 Step book.
"Hi, my name is Eric and I'm a GearAholic."

Edited by Danepacker on 03/19/2013 00:40:25 MDT.

Dale Wambaugh
(dwambaugh) - MLife

Locale: Pacific Northwest
Re: Dividend? on 03/19/2013 01:48:17 MDT Print View

Eric quipped, " I have hundreds of pounds of lightweight gear."

Doesn't that say it all!

Susan Papuga
(veganaloha) - M

Locale: USA
Re: Re: Dividend? on 03/19/2013 02:50:31 MDT Print View

Right now, mine is only $10.83, which I thought was low, until I remembered that a lot of what I bought was on sale or even clearance. Still enough for some socks or other hiking chachkies! Can't wait for the 20% off coupon so I can buy a GU pack as well.

Wooohoooo!!!!

Justin Baker
(justin_baker) - F

Locale: west coast best coast
Re: Re: Re: Dividend? on 03/19/2013 04:26:57 MDT Print View

I picked up an rei flash 18 and a couple others things today. Getting my dividend was a pleasant surprise.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Locale: A very flat place (Grrrrrrrr)
Acr q link on 03/19/2013 04:38:15 MDT Print View

Andrew,

I found It better value to buy my a Q Link from an east coast outfit on sale as then did not have o pay any sales tax,.

Slaton Whatley
(AlpinistoOutdoors) - M

Locale: Catalinas, Saguaro, Grand Canyon
REI Dividend Score on 03/19/2013 07:58:20 MDT Print View

I had the biggest REI dividend of my life this year. I think it's mostly due to the fact that I am in debt to US Bank and a REI Visa card but also because I worked for REI for almost 2 years up until December. Hard to resist when you look at the stuff every day.

My favorite score this year was the Soto Micro Regulator. I've been obsessed with MYOG alcohol stoves lately but have been wanting this little guy for short overnighters like I'm doing later this week in Grand Canyon. Psyched!

Other favorite score was a new sun shirt for hiking in the Canyon. It's light, has a huge extended collar you can pop up for sun protection and looks a little more stylish than my plain gray REI Sahara.

Last thing I want to mention are the ProBars. Ever since reading about them on Brian's Backpacking Blog I have been wanting to give them a shot. Will do this week!

Score!

jerry adams
(retiredjerry) - MLife

Locale: Oregon and Washington
Re: Dividend? on 03/19/2013 08:00:25 MDT Print View

"You mean I'll have to dig through my trash to get that REI board voting flier?
All these years since the '70s and I'm just NOW finding out about this dividend thing?"

There's also a 20% off coupon in there you've been throwing away : )

Phillip Asby
(PGAsby) - M

Locale: North Carolina
Dividend on 03/19/2013 08:29:24 MDT Print View

Mine is showing $10 or so - thought I bought more than that but now that I'm thinking it may have been the year before - most of the stuff I've gotten this year has been on clearance which as we know doesn't count...

If the discount is 10% via dividend versus 25% or more on clearance I still came out ahead but without the fun of having a nice dividend to apply to a bigger purchase.

Right now I don't really have any big purchases on the horizon - was going to use the dividend and 20% on a Snow Peak pot but just picked up a used ti mug/pot on gear swap ... I'm sure there is something I need but admittedly can't think of it right now.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: Dividend on 03/19/2013 08:33:11 MDT Print View

What I bought with my REI dividend:

pickup

Steven Paris
(saparisor) - M

Locale: Pacific Northwest
REI Dividend Coming on 03/19/2013 09:04:43 MDT Print View

You'll tire of it soon enough and then I will pick it up at the Used Gear Sale for $50!

Tyler Miller
(FightingTheTide) - F

Locale: Southeast
Re: Re: Dividend on 03/19/2013 09:06:11 MDT Print View

What do you call that? Ferr-orche-amino?

Tyler Miller
(FightingTheTide) - F

Locale: Southeast
Dividend on 03/19/2013 09:06:57 MDT Print View

I got about $50 back. Hoping to combine that with a coupon and some other merch credit for a new pack...most likely a Flash 45.

Doug I.
(idester) - MLife

Locale: MidAtlantic
Re: REI Dividend Coming on 03/19/2013 10:12:57 MDT Print View

"You'll tire of it soon enough and then I will pick it up at the Used Gear Sale for $50!"

And I'll even throw in the custom cuben bed cover!

Andrew Zajac
(AZajac)

Locale: South West
ACR Res Q Link on 03/19/2013 10:20:57 MDT Print View

Do you have a supplier for the res q link that you bought? I can't seem to find it below $280. I also plan on using my 20% off on it as well.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Re: ACR Res Q Link on 03/19/2013 10:29:17 MDT Print View

I got mine from anchoronline 2 weeks ago.

Dustin Short
(upalachango) - MLife
Re: Re: ACR Res Q Link on 03/19/2013 11:27:41 MDT Print View

A whopping $2.92! I spent a lot of time at garage sales though (I have about $1000 worth of premium italian climbing/mountaineering shoes I bought for pennies on the dollar not to mention headlamps for a lifetime).

No dividend could have matched my bargain shopping this year. My gf on the other hand has the REI CC, so we'll see how much she was able to rack up.

Chris Ramias
(Lizard)
REI Dividend on 03/19/2013 13:08:54 MDT Print View

I'm receiving $96 and change. I didn't actually buy much from REI this year, maybe a book or two. The majority of the dividend is from the REI CC. I make small purchases and pay it off every month. If you don't have the REI credit card its well worth getting, they'll give you a $100 gift card after your first purchase, which could be a $1 energy bar. Even if you never use the card after opening the account, its worth it for the free $100.

I'm going to get a climbing harness, ATC and some other climbing stuff. I've been meaning for many years to get started with tech canyoneering, and this year is the year I finally take the plunge.

Stephen M
(stephenm) - MLife

Re: REI Dividend on 03/19/2013 13:22:34 MDT Print View

Is there any other charges on the REI visa of all monies are payed on time.