REI Coupon?
Display Avatars Sort By:
Phillip Asby
(PGAsby) - M

Locale: North Carolina
online and instore on 03/28/2013 12:49:22 MDT Print View

I bought a shirt in store and used 20% off, and just entered the code online at REI.com and it is accepting the 20% off as well...

So it does appear to work for three items assuming you have a store you can visit that has something you want in stock.

Steve Meier
(smeier) - MLife

Locale: Midwest
REI Visa on 03/28/2013 13:36:56 MDT Print View

Not sure if everyone is aware that the REI Visa generates dividends when you use it for any purchase throughout the year, not just those at REI. I use it as a regular credit card all year, pay off the balance each month, and generated a $850 dividend last year and $773 this year. Free money in my opinion. Most of my purchases go to cottage companies these days but REI gets my clothes/shoes/small items business that are most likely to be returned or need returned due to failure.

Roger Dodger
(RogerDodger) - F

Locale: Wess Siide
Re: 15% REI (Huntington Beach) on 03/29/2013 16:46:31 MDT Print View

Craig, Ben, and other So Cal guys, if you are heading to the 714/beach this summer
REI has this "locals" coupon that is always on, the expiration date auto-renews every month. You can't use it online. HB store only. and it's 15% off, but it's on year round.

Most of the clerks get confused but the store manager will honor it.

so in case you miss the 20% discount... or already used it it once, 15% off is a close cousin.

http://www.surfcitysavings.com/surfcitysavings/REI.html

Edited by RogerDodger on 03/29/2013 16:47:02 MDT.

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

Locale: Boston
Re: REI Visa on 03/30/2013 12:22:01 MDT Print View

my REI Visa gave me $250 and I don't know what to buy with it, with $850 I'd be at a total loss!

Nathan Watts
(7sport) - MLife
Re: Re: REI Visa on 03/30/2013 12:28:32 MDT Print View

Can't you take it as cash?

Mike M
(mtwarden) - MLife

Locale: Montana
cash on 03/30/2013 18:54:02 MDT Print View

yes you can ask for cash (I think they issue a check)

Justin McCabe
(justinmc)

Locale: Southern California
Re: Re: 15% REI (Huntington Beach) on 03/31/2013 23:29:38 MDT Print View

Whhaaaat???

I live 5 minutes from there and never knew that!

Used my dividend on the Sawyer Squeeze filter and a black Houdini (couldn't help it, hate my red one)

Roger Dodger
(RogerDodger) - F

Locale: Wess Siide
Re: Re: Re: 15% REI (Huntington Beach) on 03/31/2013 23:42:31 MDT Print View

Justin,
yea even the employees at the register get confused by that coupon, so expect escalation to a manager. The store boss said this was a promo when the store opened. I showed her that the coupon is still running, so is it valid? Manager squirmed then approved it. I think they don't want to encourage it, because then basically everything in the store, any time, is 15% off, and that would be suspicious for business.

so they will give you a hard time, even treat you like the printed coupon is a forgery. I had to show the manager the website on my phone. Then she said OK fine.

Edited by RogerDodger on 03/31/2013 23:43:02 MDT.

Konrad .
(Konrad1013) - MLife
Re: Re: Re: Re: 15% REI (Huntington Beach) on 04/01/2013 04:03:38 MDT Print View

Holy S*. That 15% off year round is a game changer. My folks live up the street on Edinger. I know what I'm gonna do the next time I'm in town..

Andrew U
(anarkhos) - M

Locale: Colorado, Wyoming
Multi-Multi-Multi Use on 04/01/2013 07:19:58 MDT Print View

I have now successfully used my in-store 20% off 3 times. I don't think they scan anything, the cashier simply just applies a 20% line discount to the most expensive eligible item. This makes me pretty happy and also sad for the company, but oh well. And no, I haven't been trying to con the cashiers, but both the second and third time I've bought something from the store last week they didn't even ask me about it, just rang it through. I even got an additional 5% off my new watch cause I'm a nice customer (I think the girl was having a rough day). So having good luck lately. If you don't have any moral dilemmas to deal with, just play dumb and you might get another free discount.

Assuming the online coupon will only work once for REI.com and REI-Outlet.

Steven Adeff
(TinCanFury) - F

Locale: Boston
REI as cash/check on 04/01/2013 15:46:49 MDT Print View

https://www.rei.com/membership/dividend

Can I receive my dividend in cash?**

From July 1 through December 31, you may bring your dividend notice to any REI store and request to receive cash for your remaining dividend. Stores have limited cash on hand; a request to redeem a dividend notice for cash may be handled as a check request at the store's discretion.

Can I receive my dividend by check?**

You may request a check for your remaining dividend at any time prior to expiration. While you may request the check at any time, REI issues checks only from July 1 through December 31 of each year. Please note that no checks are issued for dividends under $1.

Request a dividend check:

By phone:
1-800-426-4840 (U.S. and Canada)
1-253-891-2500 (international)
1-253-891-2523 (fax)

By mail, returning your dividend notice to:
REI Membership Services
P.O. Box 1938
Sumner, WA 98390-0008

Mike Blarowki
(MikeyB) - F - M
another 20% off REI member coupon code on 05/23/2013 10:28:23 MDT Print View

REI released this new REI member coupon code last week. It's valid until may 27th, 2013. It is valid on one full-price item during the sale. Let me know if it works for you.

Mike Blarowki
(MikeyB) - F - M
Re: 20% off Backcountry.com on 05/23/2013 10:31:10 MDT Print View

Hey Nathan, this code expired but it looks like backcountry is running their memorial day sale this week.

Fitz Travels
(fitztravels)
Sshhh on 05/23/2013 15:34:20 MDT Print View

^^^^^^

Ssshhh... I dont want that sleeping bag Im planning on buying tomorrow to be sold out by then. A bivy already did.

SSSSHHHHH.

Edited by fitztravels on 05/23/2013 15:34:58 MDT.