Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter
evernew water carry
Display Avatars Sort By:
Patrick O'Neil
(human) - F
evernew water carry on 03/17/2013 07:51:58 MDT Print View

Hello, I got an evernew water carry with a sawyer squeeze. I notice on the packaging for the water carry that evernew states "Do not store liquids in the water carry. Use fresh water every time." I don't get it, doesn't this defeat the purpose of a "water carry"?

I'm just wondering if this warning is there because the product is not durable or maybe has bpa or something in it. Anyone have durability problems with theirs while sitting in a pack all day?

A follow up question, has anyone been able to hook up the evenew hydration tube to a sawyer squeeze?

Any info is appreciated, thanks.

Christopher Kuzak
(KC)
Evernew on 03/17/2013 08:34:46 MDT Print View

Probably wrong here, but I had a buddy that filled up his platy with Gatorade and energy/vitamin powdered water on a trip. Afterwards, he just stored it in his closet until it was time to pull it out again. Well, he ended up throwing that Platy away--it looked like a mold growing experiment. So, maybe it has something to do with that rather than some weakness or chemical in the container. Evernew is just acknowledging it a little vaguely.

spelt with a t
(spelt) - F

Locale: SW/C PA
Re: Evernew on 03/17/2013 08:41:25 MDT Print View

I agree with Christopher's interpretation. No long term storage of any liquid that could provide growth media for microorganisms.

Patrick O'Neil
(human) - F
evernew on 03/17/2013 11:35:46 MDT Print View

Wow, never thought someone would actually stuff it in a closet with liquid in it. I get it now, the way I read it seemed to suggest they were saying only use at streams when you collect water, a duh moment for me . . .

Edited by human on 03/17/2013 11:36:36 MDT.